mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing Voices in an existing Pattern"

Posted on: February 11, 2014 @ 09:13 PM
Daddio.007
Total Posts:  21
Joined  01-08-2014

Is there an easier way to change a voice for an already recorded Pattern’s track/phrase than going into REC mode?

I apologize if this has been covered for MOXF. I couldn’t find it searching.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2014 @ 02:40 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Is there an easier way to change a voice for an already recorded Pattern’s track/phrase than going into REC mode?

Not sure what would qualify as easier. That’s pretty easy, no?

Press RECORD to view the RECORD [F1] SETUP screen
Here you can select the Track you want to change 1-16
Press [F2] VOICE
Set the Voice you want on the Track [1]-[16]
Press [STOP]

That’s all it takes to update the Track’s info header.
Fact: The way the Sequencer remembers things is it “Records” them. If you want to update the data remembered by a PATTERN track/phrase you do so by Recording it.

The information on the RECORD > [F2] VOICE screen are the initial conditions memorized by this Pattern Track/Phrase. It includes the Voice, the Volume, the Pan position, and the Insert Effect switch status. What you see documented here is what is actually memorized by the Pattern. If you reset, or recall the
Pattern these are the settings that will be recalled. Even if you manually change the Voice on the mixer screen, or you fade out the volume, or pan the sound, these are the settings the track will return to whenever this Pattern is initially recalled. These represent what is STORED to internal Flash ROM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2014 @ 12:48 PM
Daddio.007
Joined  01-08-2014

It is. I regretted the way I phrased this question right after I clicked submit. What I was really after was making sure that was the correct way to do it as I’m still a noob with the features. So sounds like I am doing this correctly.

BTW, thanks for all you do around here. As a relative newcomer I am extremely impressed with the breath & depth of knowledge you have on these products and your willingness to respond day in day out. Takes some real dedication and I for one appreciate you!

Thanks again! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2014 @ 12:50 PM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

You can go right back in and edit your posts. Seems I do that alot!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2014 @ 09:24 PM
Daddio.007
Joined  01-08-2014

Now that IS good to know!

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Tracking out a Pattern: Midi
Next Topic:

Need help trying to... ››