mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Receiving control messages through MIDI IN (Sustain, Modulation wheel)"

Posted on: February 20, 2022 @ 11:25 PM
linq
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-27-2012

Hello. I have my Motif XS 8 configured with Local Control turned off so that only MIDI input generates audio. I’m using a program called Pure Data to send MIDI OUT from my computer to the Motif’s MIDI IN.

One problem that I’ve found is that my sustain pedal and modulation wheel have no effect in this mode. In Pure Data, control messages and notes are handled separately (see screenshot). However, even if I route the MIDI control messages to the same channel as the notes (1), they never take effect.

I’ve confirmed in Pure Data that moving the modulation wheel or pressing the sustain pedal do modify the messages received through the MIDI IN in Pure Data, so I know that I’m at least receiving those messages from the Motif in Pure Data successfully.

In [UTILITY] > [F5] (Control), I have the “Basic Receive Ch” set to 1, but I think that only applies to notes rather than control messages.

It seems that the issue is with receiving those control messages on the Motif rather than sending them.

Is it possible to send MIDI control messages such as these to Motif? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Image Attachments
MIDI_config.PNG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2022 @ 03:08 PM
linq
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-27-2012

Nevermind, fixed this. Needed to set the transmit/receive channel to the same number and remove the channel specified in the [ctlout] and [ctlin] objects. Also used [bendin]/[bendout] objects for pitch wheel.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to mute audio output except for MIDI IN?
Next Topic:

Creating fills in arps/drum tracks ››