mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sound suddenly cuts off?"

Posted on: April 17, 2020 @ 12:10 PM
piano-player
Total Posts:  51
Joined  02-21-2012

Hi, my s90xs is not working the way it should since today. I press a few keys (let’s say a C chord in my right hand with a lower C in my left hand) and suddenly after a random amout of time the sound cuts off totally! It can happen after 0,1 second or after 10 seconds or anything inbetween. It seems very random when it happens or not, sometimes it doesn’t cut off at all. It is the same problem with all sounds, well I’ve tried like ten sounds anyway. It is not a matter of running out of polyphony, that I’m sure of.
The problem is the same wheter I use output or headphones.

What has happened?
Any suggestions what I can do?

It has firmware 1.06

Kind regards from Sweden

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2020 @ 01:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There may be either an internal or external problem. To eliminate the possibility of certain external ones, disconnect everything from the S90XS except for headphones (including any foot pedals, MIDI/USB connections, audio line outputs), and see if the problem still exists when playing Preset Voices. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2020 @ 07:52 AM
piano-player
Joined  02-21-2012

Hi!

Thanks for Your super advice!

Disconnected left output, right output and USB-cable.
Working just fine now!

Reconnected L&R;- still working fine!
then also reconnected USB-cabel - still working fine!

Problem solved!

But still wondering what caused this, is there a risk that this will happen again at a gig? What’s most likely to have caused the problem, L&R;or USB-cable?

Kind regards from Sweden!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2020 @ 01:16 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
piano-player - 18 April 2020 07:52 AM

“Hi!

Thanks for Your super advice!

You’re welcome. I’m glad there’s been a resolution - at least for now.

piano-player -

Disconnected left output, right output and USB-cable.
Working just fine now!

Reconnected L&R;- still working fine!
then also reconnected USB-cabel - still working fine!

Problem solved!

But still wondering what caused this, is there a risk that this will happen again at a gig? What’s most likely to have caused the problem, L&R;or USB-cable?

Unless there’s an intermittent internal problem, the most likely scenario relates to the USB connection. It’s possible for there to be MIDI data feedback via USB, which can overload the system. If that’s happening it’s typically due to some incorrect routing of MIDI data in a computer application.

Since reconnecting the cables didn’t cause the problem to recur, further diagnosis is difficult. I suggest that the USB cable be disconnected if the situation arises again, and if that resolves the problem, make note of what MIDI-related software is being run at the time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2020 @ 03:08 AM
piano-player
Joined  02-21-2012

Many thanks 5pinDIN, now I know what to look for the next time it happens!
Kind regards from Sweden!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S90XS DAW Remote and MIDI controller simultaneously
Next Topic:

Name ››