mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rearranging User Bank Voices with Melas Software"

Posted on: January 16, 2019 @ 02:38 PM
yahhamm
Total Posts:  114
Joined  01-22-2010

I have User Banks 1 and 2 full of needed tweaked voices.  The voices are in no particular order.  II’d like to rearrange them using Melas software.  HOWEVER..moving any one voice has an effect on all my current Songs and Performancs.  Moving USER 1 A (11) to User 1 A(5) effects All Songs/Performanes utilizing the former User 1 A(5).  Now the Song reads User 1 A(11) in the User 1 (5) position.  Is there any way to move a voice AND have the Song/Performance make the appropriate change also?  TH

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2019 @ 07:00 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

A VOICE (PART) within a PERFORMANCE or SONG is “pointed” to by the PERFORMANCE or SONG, not vice versa.

So, while Melas can be used to automatically maintain the connection between a relocated PERFORMANCE or SONG, and a VOICE, my understanding is the VOICE itself has no reciprocal connection.

I don’t know of a way to have a PERFORMANCE or SONG stay associated with a relocated VOICE, other than to point the PERFORMANCE or SONG towards the new VOICE location.

Now, I could be wrong!

I suggest you pose your question directly to John Melas, as he is quite responsive:

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2019 @ 10:16 AM
yahhamm
Total Posts:  114
Joined  01-22-2010

Morning, Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I figured as much...that to make the re-arrangement work I’d have to change all my Performance/Song settings also.  Thanks for the Melas email.  I’ll try him him too. TH

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2019 @ 07:25 PM
jochner
Total Posts:  29
Joined  12-19-2010
yahhamm - 16 January 2019 02:38 PM

I have User Banks 1 and 2 full of needed tweaked voices.  The voices are in no particular order.  II’d like to rearrange them using Melas software.  HOWEVER..moving any one voice has an effect on all my current Songs and Performancs.  Moving USER 1 A (11) to User 1 A(5) effects All Songs/Performanes utilizing the former User 1 A(5).  Now the Song reads User 1 A(11) in the User 1 (5) position.  Is there any way to move a voice AND have the Song/Performance make the appropriate change also?  TH

Actually its possible using TOTAL LIBRARIAN, changing voices order in the Voice mode is reflected in Performance Mode ( I am not sure about Master).

After rearranging voices just press Transmit on the Librarian and check the voices and performances.

Good luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Problems on my XS6
Next Topic:

Full potential of Master/Song/Pattern modes ››