mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help needed with 2 issues on my XS7."

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 01:33 PM
Larry Tate
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-03-2018

1). I’ve made a split Performance with two voices. I want to add a delay to one of the voices.  I’ve found some delays that might work except the echos are to slow.  Is there a way to speed up the delays (echos)?

2. I’ve created another split Performance that I want to be able to play while at the same time, a different arpeggio voice is playing. I don’t know how to create the arp part and get it into the Performance.  I’d prefer to create the arp part in the computer then transfer it to the xs7 as opposed to recording it in the keyboard.  Is that possible?
Thanks!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 09:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Larry Tate - 08 October 2018 01:33 PM

1). I’ve made a split Performance with two voices. I want to add a delay to one of the voices.  I’ve found some delays that might work except the echos are to slow.  Is there a way to speed up the delays (echos)?

It might be easier to help if you could tell us which specific effect you’re using.

Larry Tate -

2. I’ve created another split Performance that I want to be able to play while at the same time, a different arpeggio voice is playing. I don’t know how to create the arp part and get it into the Performance.  I’d prefer to create the arp part in the computer then transfer it to the xs7 as opposed to recording it in the keyboard.  Is that possible?
Thanks!!!!

User Arps can be created by recording to the sequencer, then using the “Put Track to Arpeggio” Job. If desired, the MIDI data can be recorded externally and then copied to the sequencer.

You might find this support article helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explored_part_i

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2018 @ 03:53 PM
Larry Tate
Joined  10-03-2018

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.  I’ll get to reading the article on arps in the next few days. 

To answer your question about what specific effect I want, two of them seem like they might work, the are in the Chorus category and are Tempo Cross Delay and Tempo Delay Mono.  The delays are too slow and I’d like them speeded up a but (but not as fast as Delay LCR).  I am hoping there is a way for me to control increasing the tempo of the delays.  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2018 @ 08:56 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Larry Tate - 09 October 2018 03:53 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

You’re welcome.

Larry Tate -

I’ll get to reading the article on arps in the next few days.

OK - if you have any questions, just ask.

Larry Tate -

To answer your question about what specific effect I want, two of them seem like they might work, the are in the Chorus category and are Tempo Cross Delay and Tempo Delay Mono.  The delays are too slow and I’d like them speeded up a but (but not as fast as Delay LCR).  I am hoping there is a way for me to control increasing the tempo of the delays.  Thanks

The available range of Delay Time for those two effects is as fast as one third of a 32nd note to as slow as six times a quarter note. You can also adjust the Lag time by +/- 63 milliseconds. Since you want to apply the delay to only one Part in a Performance, the Insert Effect will have to be edited at the Voice level, and then the Voice STORED as a User Voice.

From the Voice Play screen, press [F6](Effect) > [SF2](Ins A) or [SF3](Ins B). Select the effect you want, and then adjust the Delay Time(s) and Lag as desired. Once the delay meets your needs, STORE the Voice.

Of course, the Part in the Performance should point to the location of the edited User Voice.

If you don’t already have it, the XS Data List (http://download.yamaha.com/file/8622) can be helpful. See page 35 for the two effects of interest.

The Synthesizer Parameter Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48523) can help with definition of terms. Effects definitions begin on page 52. See Lag on page 61.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2018 @ 07:21 PM
Larry Tate
Joined  10-03-2018

After numerous calls and hours on the phone with Yamaha Tech support, we finally got the “adding delay to a voice in Performance” issue resolved.  Even the tech was stumped for a while. I’ll keep your notes for future reference.

I’m going to let my brain rest a few days before I tackle the arpeggio issue. I did create the 4 measure notation in my computer using a notation program, saved it as a .mid and loaded it into the XS7.  That’s as far as I’ve got.  Chances are I’ll b back in touch when I continue with that issue.
Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2018 @ 08:03 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Larry Tate - 10 October 2018 07:21 PM

After numerous calls and hours on the phone with Yamaha Tech support, we finally got the “adding delay to a voice in Performance” issue resolved.  Even the tech was stumped for a while. I’ll keep your notes for future reference.

OK, I’ll bite - did Yamaha come up with a different approach than I outlined?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2018 @ 02:02 PM
Larry Tate
Joined  10-03-2018

The answer to your question is, “I’m not sure.” Some of what you wrote sounds familiar (changing the Delay l>r and r>l to “8th” worked best), but I pushed so many buttons and was in and out of so many screens that I lost track of the specific sequence of steps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2018 @ 09:02 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

You know, I’m not sure what they had you do, but if you aren’t using an arp in the performance mentioned in the first question, I would have probably first tried moving the tempo of the performance up if I like the characteristics of the delay but not the speed. Just an idea if you need to change something else. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2018 @ 02:13 AM
Larry Tate
Joined  10-03-2018

Thanks for the idea.  I thought of that but the Performance was a split and I only wanted the delay effect on one part of the splint, not the whole performance.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Oberheim Patches for XS8
Next Topic:

Motif XS Rack firewire issue help ››