mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AF1 or AF2 to mute / unmute parts in a preformance?"

Posted on: April 01, 2018 @ 09:35 PM
mhb22079
Total Posts:  11
Joined  08-07-2013

I’d like to use AF to mute a particular part (voice) in master mode (or performance) rather than through part select.  If it can be done can you please advise how?  I see it can be done at the element level but not sure how at the voice level.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2018 @ 02:05 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

It can be done (in effect) at the VOICE level, by using XA control, and assigning ALL active Elements of the VOICE to behave as you wish together.  The VOICE can then be assigned as a PART, which will respond the same way.

See This Thread for a discussion by Bad_Mister ( it pertains to the XF, but works the same with the MOXF).  He describes how to set up a Foot Switch to control the AF button, using XA Control.  You can, however, simply stop once the AF button control has been programmed at the VOICE (PART) Element level.

Then, see This Article (Again, for the XF, but works the same in the MOXF.  See ADVANCED APPLICATION on page 2, were it goes through the steps to program ALL Elements of a VOICE to control that VOICE (PART) sounding when you wish, using the AF button.

“...However, the new ARTICULATION CONTROL provides a new method to switch between Elements within a VOICE, and as we will see, you can actually use it to turn on and off entire VOICES within a PERFORMANCE....”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2018 @ 10:18 AM
mhb22079
Total Posts:  11
Joined  08-07-2013

Thanks for the response.  I was aware of the Element level AF assignment was hoping I wouldn’t have to set it at the voice level.  Oh well.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif and MOXF voices
Next Topic:

Instrument Volume adjustments...? ››