mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "memory question"

Posted on: February 01, 2018 @ 01:00 PM
musickeysman
Total Posts:  53
Joined  08-15-2003

I am long time Yamaha fan I have a classic6 and xs6 and an s970

I just ordered a mofx6 I have a few libraries for my sx and for an xf I’ve down loaded.  Can I load these other libraries into the moxf (via usb stick) without purchasing the additional expansion boards?

2nd If I load some single note samples into the moxf do I have to reload them every time like the xs?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2018 @ 01:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The MOXF has no sampler, and therefore no sample memory. It has a slot for one optional flash memory module, where Waveforms/samples can be loaded. That memory is non-volatile - data will remain there even when the power is cycled, until/unless intentionally removed.

If the XF libraries have samples that you want to use, then you’ll need to get a flash module.

XS data isn’t directly compatible with the MOXF - only MOX and XF files are. If you want to use XS material, it will have to be converted with external software.

For some more details, see the first page of this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470093

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2018 @ 03:29 PM
musickeysman
Total Posts:  53
Joined  08-15-2003

just so I understand I haven’t receive my moxf yet.  I found a few free libraries on the Yamahausa site can they be loaded without the additional memory. I am aware the old data will be over written

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2018 @ 08:59 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
musickeysman - 01 February 2018 03:29 PM

just so I understand I haven’t receive my moxf yet.  I found a few free libraries on the Yamahausa site can they be loaded without the additional memory. I am aware the old data will be over written

Unless they are midi libraries, I think you will need to get the flash card.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2018 @ 09:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
musickeysman - 01 February 2018 03:29 PM

If you’re referring to…
Inspiration in a Flash
CP1 Piano
Twisted Tools Selection
EDM Expansion
...they’re all sample libraries, and require the optional flash memory.

In general, if the file is over about 3MB, it’s got samples.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pattern chain question
Next Topic:

Connecting MOXF8 to Ableton Live ››