mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF to MOXF"

Posted on: July 08, 2017 @ 09:53 AM
alanb
Total Posts:  301
Joined  02-15-2009

I love my XF8....but it’s too heavy to move around. I am looking to lighten my load.

It looks like the MOXF8 is an XF minus the sampler…

I live in Performance mode....is the MOXF Performance mode similar to XF?

What are the other differences between XF & MOXF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2017 @ 11:20 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi alanb,

Here’s a recent thread which will take you to some more threads.  It all should be highly relevant to your question.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479031

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2017 @ 08:16 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

I bought an MOXF6 so I could use my XF7 libraries I had designed over 4 yrs for a light fly-in travel board.  Performance and Voices are the same - completely.  MOXF has some more waveforms but I don’t know what they are.  Editing takes more menu diving on MOXF than XF.  If you already know the design structure, its not big deal but I’m glad I learned programming on the XF.  And you only have one flash board slot vs two on XF.

XF also has secondary outputs that MOXF doesn’t have.  Some people use those to route organ sounds to an external Leslie sim.  overall a few less this n that but if you don’t need it, the sound engine is identical from a user perspective.

I don’t play the weighted 88 action on either board so cannot comment on differences there. 

I originally planned to only use MOXF6 for road gigs but I’m using it now for most local gigs too.  Thinking of selling my XF7 and getting. FA-07.  XF and MOXF are completely redundant.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording two Motifs sequencer on Cubase AI6
Next Topic:

Voice Data Dump ››