mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Formatting a USB for ES6"

Posted on: March 31, 2015 @ 01:37 AM
skboydstun
Total Posts:  53
Joined  09-27-2005

I am trying to format my USB so I can load a sample on it. However, I believe the problem is the “Naming” I keep trying to get it straight from the manual, but as I flip from one section to the other, it gets worse.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2015 @ 06:52 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

It’s unclear exactly what your problem is.

By “USB” do you mean a thumb drive, a hard drive or something else? 

Naming the volume is not required, just leave the default name if this is where you are having problems.

Don’t bother to partition unless it’s a large hard drive.

FILE -> [F1]CONFIG -> [SF3]FORMAT Format = USB is all you need to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2015 @ 12:14 PM
KMKKEYS
Total Posts:  141
Joined  02-16-2009

(I am trying to format my USB so I can load a sample on it. However, I believe the problem is the “Naming” I keep trying to get it straight from the manual, but as I flip from one section to the other, it gets worse.)

By what I am reading, you are having problems with the flash drive and are trying to format it, hoping this would solve the problem.

The Motif ES for whatever reason can be somewhat picky, however I’ve noticed that Flash Drives 2GB or smaller seem to work.  Maybe someone else can explain exactly why this is.  Recently, I decided to use a Flash Drive as I have extended myself beyond the 128mb limit.  I then tried to save an all file on a few USB Flash Drives of various sizes from 4GB to 32GB and the Motif would not recognize them even after attempting to format them.

I then grabbed an older 2GB Flash Drive and it worked perfectly.  I did the same on another cheap 2GB.

The ES may not recognize anything larger that a 2BG.

If anyone has anything else to offer, I would certainly appreciate the information myself.

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2015 @ 05:29 PM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

Yes, the upper limit for thumb drives is either 2GB or 4GB, I forget...you could search other posts here.

Hard drives are not an issue, I used a 60GB drive when I had my ES.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2015 @ 11:33 PM
skboydstun
Total Posts:  53
Joined  09-27-2005

Thanks Meatballfulton, Pg 268, #5 states “For instructions on naming, refer to page 53”, now page 53 leads me to believe (see chart) that as I am trying to use my USB to store a sample that I am to use 04: NAME ... now I am completely lost. File - F1 - SF3 ... I guess that works...thank you for the help.
Steve in CAL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2015 @ 08:39 AM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

You have the OPTION to name the drive. If you don’t provide a name it will use a default name (as I recall).

[ Ignore ]