mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Footcontroler Leslie Organ Sound"

Posted on: January 11, 2015 @ 07:01 AM
John M.
Total Posts:  46
Joined  12-07-2008

Hi,

I’m using a footcontroler for the Leslie rotationspeed and want the use it for all organ sounds in the same way:

pedal up = slow speed
pedal down = full speed

However not all the sounds are programmed in that way.

If I change the values (f.i. from + 32 to -32) it is not working opposite.

What is the right procedure to do this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2015 @ 01:05 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Any negative values seen in the Motif are offsets to the preprogrammed value. The knobs work this way. The wheels, ribbon, aftertouch and expression pedals do not. So +/- 32 is not going to work. You should use 0 and 127.

It is trivial to route a foot controller to mod wheel (CC #1) globally to control slow/fast behavior for the Leslie. Go to Utility -> Control -> Control to set the CC number for each controller. Set the foot controller you want to use for the Leslie to CC #1.

Just be aware that not all the organ voices are programmed the same way. Most use the mod wheel to control the Leslie speed switching at a value of 63. The majority have the slow speed with the mod wheel in the lower half of travel (0-63) and the high speed in the the upper half of travel (64-127). However, some are programmed the reverse or switch between rotor stopped to rotor on. In that case you will have to edit the voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2015 @ 02:28 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
meatballfulton - 11 January 2015 01:05 PM

...However, some are programmed the reverse or switch between rotor stopped to rotor on. In that case you will have to edit the voice.

And then STORE the newly edited VOICE to a USER location if you would like the edits to persist.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2015 @ 08:05 PM
John M.
Total Posts:  46
Joined  12-07-2008

Thank you Mr. Meatballfulton for your reply.

My setting for the footcontroler 2 control no. was 04 = footcontroler.
Changing same to 01 (= Modulation wheel) as suggested by you does not make any difference.

I think the solution must be found in the organ voice as such but I don’t know how to achieve that. F.I. Preset 1-88 Jazzy 1 is programmed with slow leslie pedal down and fast leslie pedal up. Common edit voice > Ctrl set shows Modulation wheel (01) - Ins.B SpdCrl = -64. When I increase this value the speed increases but at the same time the slow speed disappears....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can I load an mp3 and record on top of it?
Next Topic:

Motif xs 7 Diagnostic test ››