mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Unitor/AMT8 Issues"

Posted on: May 12, 2011 @ 10:12 PM
asemcken
Total Posts:  7
Joined  03-11-2011

I think I’ve found out why my otherwise trusty Unitor8 & AMT8 interfaces aren’t working correctly…

We had purchased a midi-capable metronome to allow the drummer to visually lock to the XF’s arpeggiator for a few songs - when I went direct, all was fine. When I went through the U8 or AMT8, no tempo indication on the metronome.

Apparently - the U8/AMT8’s won’t transmit the clock through unless they see an “FA” or “FB” control change (start of song or continue). Without those messages, the emagic interfaces assume that the ports are not “clock masters” and turns off the MIDI Beat Clock. This would seem to disallow me from sending MIDI Beat Clock in Voice, Performance or Master mode - and I use Master all the time (controlling 5-7 additional modules plus the metronome live).

I’ve gone through the utility menus, but don’t see any method of sending out either the FA or FB commands without being in Pattern or Song modes and engaging the sequencer. If that’s the case, I’m going to need to replace the interface for live use. Can anyone recommend a patcher/through box that has been reliable for live use?

Thanks,
Adam

[ Ignore ]