mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Balancing main volume between Patterns"

Posted on: August 05, 2022 @ 04:30 PM
giordano
Total Posts:  3
Joined  08-05-2022

Hello folks!

I have a question about the Pattern mode...is there a master fader in the mix section to balance the volume of several Patterns/Songs?
I didn’t find anything about in the previous posts.

Thanks in advance :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2022 @ 06:43 AM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
giordano - 05 August 2022 04:30 PM

Hello folks!

I have a question about the Pattern mode...is there a master fader in the mix section to balance the volume of several Patterns/Songs?
I didn’t find anything about in the previous posts.

Thanks in advance :-)

:-)

Pattern Mode of what instrument?

Can you provide more detail?

What previous posts were you looking in?

:-)

On a Motif or A Mox you can create multiple patterns, convert each pattern to a song, then in song mode create a song chain, and then using the main volume control you could control the volume between the songs in the song chain :-)

But please provide the specifics of what you’re trying to do.,.,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2022 @ 09:07 AM
giordano
Joined  08-05-2022

Yeah! So, basically, I’m creating a live set using the Pattern mode. Each pattern includes backing tracks (both sampled and recreated with internal timbres) and voices (layered and split) which I play live. Plus, the motif controls a second keyboard which goes inside the motif through the audio in.
It’s a complex setup and I’ve recorded several automations with the mixer so it’s not so easy to modify each track’s volume to balance one pattern with another.
Then I created the pattern chain but I haven’t converted patterns to songs yet.

I thought about putting a limiter on the master to easily control the output, but even if it is set “without compression” it modifies the sound of the pattern and changes the output level of the click track too

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2022 @ 01:55 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
giordano - 06 August 2022 09:07 AM

Yeah! So, basically, I’m creating a live set using the Pattern mode. Each pattern includes backing tracks (both sampled and recreated with internal timbres) and voices (layered and split) which I play live. Plus, the motif controls a second keyboard which goes inside the motif through the audio in.
It’s a complex setup and I’ve recorded several automations with the mixer so it’s not so easy to modify each track’s volume to balance one pattern with another.

I thought about putting a limiter on the master to easily control the output, but even if it is set “without compression” it modifies the sound of the pattern and changes the output level of the click track too

Keep in mind that a Pattern Chain, is different from a Song Chain.
A Pattern Chain is made by chaining Sections.  A Song Chain is made by Chaining Songs.

If you’ve recorded several Patterns Chains and Each Chain has a slightly different Volume and you are use the Patterns Live then

Convert Each Pattern to a Separate Song, and make a Song chain Each Song in the Chain will represent one of your patterns.  You can then control the Song Chain with the Transport and Volume with the Volume know or expression pedal.

If you don’t want to make a Song Chain , you can use Master Mode in various ways to accomplish the same thing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2022 @ 03:00 PM
giordano
Joined  08-05-2022
lastmonk - 06 August 2022 01:55 PM
giordano - 06 August 2022 09:07 AM

Keep in mind that a Pattern Chain, is different from a Song Chain.
A Pattern Chain is made by chaining Sections.  A Song Chain is made by Chaining Songs.

If you’ve recorded several Patterns Chains and Each Chain has a slightly different Volume and you are use the Patterns Live then

Convert Each Pattern to a Separate Song, and make a Song chain Each Song in the Chain will represent one of your patterns.  You can then control the Song Chain with the Transport and Volume with the Volume know or expression pedal.

If you don’t want to make a Song Chain , you can use Master Mode in various ways to accomplish the same thing.

Thank you very much! I’ll read in the manual how the song chain works and I’ll let you know if I can go through this!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi problem
Next Topic:

Motif XS 6 went out of tune and i cant put it back in tune. ››