mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bizzare system effect problem"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: February 24, 2021 @ 09:48 PM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

Although they may be copies from the PDR banks, they aren’t the first ten there. I guess you chose only certain ones.

I’m not sure what you meant by this. They are in fact the first 10 user drums on my XS. Do me a favor, try the Latin Percussion user drum and let me know how that goes.

In the meantime, I will do a factory reset and see if the user drums change in their order.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2021 @ 10:28 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

The reset factorys first 10 user voices are different than what I had. Glad to say my latin percussion which I edited to become a user voice again is now working properly. Time to go back and rechechpk my drum voices in my songs.

Thanks for all your help. I just wish I understood why this happened.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2021 @ 12:16 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 24 February 2021 10:28 PM

The reset factorys first 10 user voices are different than what I had. Glad to say my latin percussion which I edited to become a user voice again is now working properly. Time to go back and rechechpk my drum voices in my songs.

I’m glad things got resolved. After a factory reset the two UDR banks should be filled with the same kits as the first two PDR banks.

PeteParsons -

Thanks for all your help.

You’re welcome.

PeteParsons -

I just wish I understood why this happened.

If you ever figure it out, do let us know. I suggest making frequent backup “All” files. That way, should anything unusual happen again, you can always reload a file created previously.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2021 @ 07:21 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

Yes, I’m backing up on my usb and voice editor. I am leaving the original files intact for reference if I need it. I filled my voice user banks with a voice bank I created for user 1 plus went through tons of voices I had on my ES editor and selected the voices I liked for user 2 & 3 on my XS. The screwed up user drums were part of it so I created a new file with the same user voices but with the factory user drum voices instead of the screwed up drum voices.

I haven’t gotten this far along to discover what happens in this situation....normally I always take my voices in song/pattern and make them mix voices so I never have a problem with a different voice loading especially when using user voices.

However with drums, when you make a user drum, I’ve had issues where a different drum loads on a song/pattern. I’m guessing unlike a mix voice, the user drum only saves in that user dr category and can change if you create a different user drum for a different song that gets stored as the same user dr # as a previous song. Correct?

That would explain why I’ve had to fix my drum tracks in certain songs as far as drum kit that gets called up. Any advice when creating a song as far as assigning drums on its track? Maybe something to be watchful for?

Obviously saving the song/pattern individually would do it. However, I sometimes create multiple song/patterns within the XS. For example I just did a demo for a documentary where I created 12 songs. I kept the 12 songs as a group and saved it as such as opposed to saving individually. Very helpful for chaining and recording without having to load 12 individual songs.

In this type of situation, do you have any recommendations to keep me from overwriting one user drum voice over another. Generally when I create a user drum, the XS seems to choose the user drum number based on the track I’m using. I tend to use track 16 for drums. For multiple drum tracks or dividing drums I use track 13 - 16.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2021 @ 07:46 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

As you’re aware, Normal Voices can be edited from Mixing mode and stored “locally” to the Song as a Mix Voice, while edited Drum Voices have to be stored in a User Drum location. (The amount of data in a Drum Voice is just too much to be able to store it as a Mix Voice.)

While it makes sense that the Mix Voice number the Motif offers when storing would relate to the Track number, I’ve never understood why with a Drum Voice it also uses the Track number for the User Drum location.

But since it is what it is (and it’s no different in the XF, by the way)…
All I can suggest is that you pay attention to the displayed Name of the kit that’s in the UDR location the Motif has chosen, and if it’s one you don’t want to overwrite, then choose another.

And keep making those backups.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2021 @ 08:18 PM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

I will certainly be paying close attention from now on.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2