mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Adding Insert Effects to AD In"

Posted on: December 07, 2020 @ 07:18 PM
GSDC
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-07-2020

Newbie to the forum. Glad to be here.

I have a very very old TWG Hammond and the Leslie is shot.  I am able to route the dry signal through the AD In and set up Insert Effects (Rotory Speaker) in Voice Mode selecting the “AD In” at the bottom left of the Editor. I cannot choose Fast or Slow rotor, only if the effect is on or off

The problem is there are only “Insert Effects” and no controllers to assign to “control” these Insert Effects. If I had controllers, I would not have to go into the editor and reset by hand every time.

Thanks to anyone who wants to take this on.

GSDC

BTW, I know that Hammond Heads are cringing at this set up, but the sound is really quite good.  Another Insert Effect for overdrive and I am set.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2020 @ 08:43 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Before we go any further, which S90 (or S70) model do you have - the original, the ES, or the XS?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2020 @ 10:43 AM
GSDC
Joined  12-07-2020

Ooops.  Yes that would be important.  Sorry about that.

S90XS.

The real issue is not getting insert effects, which I can do on the AD In tab, but how to route through the voice so I can get controllers for the insert effects.  The AD In has no controllers that I can see.

BTW, thank you for this forum.  it’s great to see and that the S90XS is still being “respected”.

GSDC

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2020 @ 10:17 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re correct that controllers can’t be assigned for Insert Effect Parameters for the A/D Input. However, if you have a way to send SysEx messages, in Performance or Multi modes (but not Voice mode) A/D Effect Parameters can be controlled.

In Performance mode, for Insert Effect A “Rotary Speaker"…
F0 43 10 7F 0D 30 03 21 00 00 F7 selects “slow”
F0 43 10 7F 0D 30 03 21 00 01 F7 selects “fast”

In Multi mode, for Insert Effect A “Rotary Speaker"…
F0 43 10 7F 0D 36 03 21 00 00 F7 selects “slow”
F0 43 10 7F 0D 36 03 21 00 01 F7 selects “fast”

If the Rotary Speaker is Insert Effect B instead, change the seventh byte in those messages from “03” to “04”.

By the way, the information for creating the above SysEx came from the S70XS/S90XS Data List.

GSDC -

BTW, thank you for this forum.  it’s great to see and that the S90XS is still being “respected”.

GSDC

You’re welcome, but I’m just a member here. Thanks should go to MrMotif and other folks at Motifator/Keyfax who make this forum available to us.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2020 @ 01:39 PM
GSDC
Joined  12-07-2020

Thank you for your direction on this post.  Your knowledge is awesome.  More questions coming for sure.  I will try not to be a PITA (LOL).  I just got the X90XS.  Mint plus condition, never travelled and hardly played.  I just love the action and depth of possibilities.

I am new to this group.  Is there a way to send PM’s.  In particular to the ones you mentioned in your last post to say thanks?

GSDC

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2020 @ 06:11 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
GSDC - 09 December 2020 01:39 PM

Thank you for your direction on this post.  Your knowledge is awesome.  More questions coming for sure.  I will try not to be a PITA (LOL).

You’re welcome, and thanks for the kind words. No worries, questions are always welcomed.

GSDC -

I just got the X90XS.  Mint plus condition, never travelled and hardly played.  I just love the action and depth of possibilities.

Congrats - enjoy!

GSDC -

I am new to this group.  Is there a way to send PM’s.  In particular to the ones you mentioned in your last post to say thanks?

If you click on the member’s name in a post, it will take you to a page where (among other things) you can link to sending a PM, presuming the member has that active. (At this time, I personally don’t.) Here’s a post from MrMotif:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/481957/
You could also go to your own page to send a PM when you know the member’s name.

For anyone who doesn’t know who MrMotif is, Google “Julian Colbeck”.

[ Ignore ]