mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Gain or master volume using assignable peddle?"

Posted on: April 17, 2018 @ 12:13 PM
kstenz
Total Posts:  18
Joined  08-15-2008

I would like to assign a peddle to overall gain or master volume. Can this be done and if so, How?
Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2018 @ 02:46 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Do you know that the Foot Controller jack is, by default, assigned to Expression [Volume]?

You can use an FC7 pedal plugged into that jack.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2018 @ 04:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

As cmayhle mentioned, the Foot Controller 1 (FC1) operation can be set globally in Utility mode for all Voices. In other modes the setting can vary per Program - it may not always control Volume.

If you want a way to control Volume in all modes, regardless of programming, a Yamaha FC9 pedal can be used at the R and L main outputs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 01:10 PM
kstenz
Total Posts:  18
Joined  08-15-2008

RE “If you want a way to control Volume in all modes, regardless of programming, a Yamaha FC9 pedal can be used at the R and L main outputs.”
Sorry for my ignorance but how do I run a FC9 peddle through the R L main outputs? Please explain.

The reason I want total volume control is I am running another KB through the MOXF and I would like to control volume for both keyboards through a peddle if possible. That way when I’m comping vs lead I can adjust gain without grabbing knobs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 02:46 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
kstenz - 19 April 2018 01:10 PM

Sorry for my ignorance but how do I run a FC9 peddle through the R L main outputs? Please explain.

The XF’s R and L outputs connect to the FC9 inputs, 1 and 2.
The FC9 outputs go to your amp or powered speakers.

See attachment.

EDIT: The FC9 may have been discontinued. If you can’t find one, search for other stereo volume pedals. Make sure that the seller assures compatibility with the XF’s output, and/or that there’s a good return policy.

Image Attachments
FC9.gif
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arpeggio libraries for MOXF
Next Topic:

61 Versus 88 Key Versions for Composing and Mock-ups ››