mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Microphone Noise Issues with Motif XF 6"

Posted on: January 28, 2018 @ 03:10 PM
SpencerMorris
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07-29-2016

Howdy,
So i haven’t been able to solve this issue with my microphone (Shure SM58) with my Motif XF. The connection seems to be fine and i can hear my voice through the monitors when i speak into the microphone but there is much noise (hum) when i have the gain knob turned to max. Of course this is the only way i can hear anything input into the mic so I’m trying to see what steps (or products) i need to purchase to resolve this noise issue.
Much thanks,

Im also recording with Cubase Pro 8.5

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2018 @ 04:02 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

1) What type of plug is at the XF end of the mic cable? The XF A/D Input is unbalanced, and the plug should be TS (not TRS) type.

2) Is the XF properly grounded? Is a 3-conductor power cord - with intact ground pin - being connected to a grounded outlet, without any “ground lift” being used?

3) Does the hum level change, depending on whether the mic is being touched/held or not?

4) Is the mic cable being kept away from AC power cords?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2018 @ 11:13 AM
SpencerMorris
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07-29-2016

5PinDin
You are seriously the best. Something so simple as just changing to TS Unbalanced solved my issue. Seriously much appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2018 @ 06:46 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
SpencerMorris - 30 January 2018 11:13 AM

5PinDin
You are seriously the best. Something so simple as just changing to TS Unbalanced solved my issue. Seriously much appreciated!

You’re seriously welcome - thanks for the kind words.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF Sequencer Memory - Where to from here?
Next Topic:

Keyboard split octave control ››