mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Editing audio and audio quality"

Posted on: November 15, 2015 @ 10:08 AM
el-Odysseas
Total Posts:  190
Joined  04-05-2012

Hallo everybody.

I have a rather general question concerning the digital editing of audio.

I’m using Cubase 8.03 Pro,in a Windows 8 PC, 64bit, but I guess this is not important…

-I record many takes in a mono audio track in 24bit,44100.
-I then cut the takes,comp them and add fades, crossfades etc.
-After this I render/bounce the edited track to create a new one.
-Next, I use variaudio to correct/tune the pitches.
-I then render/bounce/flatten the track, so that the variaudio changes are being recorded in the new bounced track.
-After mixing the track (with other midi and audio tracks) I make an audio-mixdown.In every rendering I keep the same sample and bit-rate (44100, 24bit)

My question now is:

Does the audio loses quality through this multiple rendering?

Every now and then I hear some artefacts after rendering audio. Some times a kind of reverb, some times noise etc.Things that were not there before each bouncing of the track.

Thanks for your suggestions!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2015 @ 09:17 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Pitch correction tools such as VariAudio can certainly cause the artefacts and the other problems you mention.

Simply consolidating your audio after editing it, shouldn’t result in any noticeable loss of quality, unless you are changing the sample rate or processing it somehow.  Or, it might be that you’ve rendered the artefacts from VariAudio.

It is also possible that you are hearing artefacts/clicks from your original edits which are now rendered in to the audio and you perhaps need to go back and use longer, better fades.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Toggle between used automations in C8
Next Topic:

01x-ES7-Cubase 6.5 ››