mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "loading from flash module"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: August 31, 2014 @ 09:51 AM
rower72
Total Posts:  22
Joined  08-31-2014

Hi i,m new here and trying to figure some things out.
I recently purchased a flash module 1GB for my Yamaha moxf6.
Now i understand how i get voices and other stuff on it and how to get it on the moxf. But now my question i downloaded the inspiration in a flash file from Yamaha website and installed it in my flash board so i got 384 new voices and my user banks are full now i purchased another soundbank with performances from easy sounds installed it on the flash board.Now when i fire up my moxf all user banks have been changed the first user bank is with my 128 new sounds from easy sounds but i cant seem to find the ones i installed from inspiration in a flash also the factory performances seem to be changed.

Now i understand the factory performances have been changed and i think i can change that by changing to factory settings am i right?
I dont understand why there are no preset performances on the moxf.
Other question if i want to use inspiration in a flash voices instead of easy sounds voices how can i do that i cant find that out or do i have to reload from usb stick again.

One other thing i think about is for example if you have 3 files with each 128 voices on a usb stick how do you get them each in one of the three userbanks i dont see any directory on the display and there is no option too load multiple files.

I appreciate the help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2014 @ 10:49 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
rower72 - 31 August 2014 09:51 AM

Hi i,m new here and trying to figure some things out.

Welcome to the forum.

rower72 -

I recently purchased a flash module 1GB for my Yamaha moxf6.
Now i understand how i get voices and other stuff on it and how to get it on the moxf.

Actually, no Voices are installed to a flash module - only Samples and Waveforms are. This should help with understanding what resides where:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf_flash_board

rower72 -

But now my question i downloaded the inspiration in a flash file from Yamaha website and installed it in my flash board so i got 384 new voices and my user banks are full now i purchased another soundbank with performances from easy sounds installed it on the flash board.Now when i fire up my moxf all user banks have been changed the first user bank is with my 128 new sounds from easy sounds but i cant seem to find the ones i installed from inspiration in a flash also the factory performances seem to be changed.

Since there are “only” 384 User Voice locations, you’ll have to decide which you want from each library, and selectively load Banks, individual Voices, etc. First read the support article I linked to, and see if that helps. Also search the site - there have been several threads on how to load material from different libraries. Some users find that using the John Melas software makes the job much easier.

See this as well: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf_in_n_out_video_trailer

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2014 @ 11:15 AM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014

Ok thx i will read the support article hope that will help sorting things out

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2014 @ 02:09 PM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014

I have been reading the articles, and have been trying to find things out on my own. The problem i still cant find a way to load multiple files on the flash module. I got now 2 files bougt on easy sounds but it is either one or the other. The biggest problem of this all that it takes everytime about 20 minutes to reload the files into the userbanks is there really no other way then using the john melas software what cost 95 euro.
What i dont understand is that the moxf has 3 userbanks each of 128 voices the first file has got 128 voices so that is one user bank the other file has got 128 in one bank and 64 in the other but when i load the second file he overwrites the first one but there is still userbank 3 available this happens also with the performances there are in both files 24 performances but when i load the other file they are overwritten. Any advice is welcome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2014 @ 02:17 PM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014

ah sorry i see it cost 35 euro the john melas software the total pack cost 95 euro but i am not sure which one to buy is it the total librarian what i need because if it is only 35 euro to solve the problem i will buy it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2014 @ 02:32 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
rower72 - 04 September 2014 02:17 PM

ah sorry i see it cost 35 euro the john melas software the total pack cost 95 euro but i am not sure which one to buy is it the total librarian what i need because if it is only 35 euro to solve the problem i will buy it.

Yes, Total Librarian...as you might surmise by the name...makes shuffling and re-organizing USER VOICE and PERFORMANCE BANKS a simple task.  I use it, and really like it a lot.

I believe it can be downloaded for free as a DEMO, which should have enough functionality to really let you understand how it works and what it could do for you.

However, I do not want to leave you with the suggestion that it can’t be done completely on the keyboard itself, because it can.  And, it is really not that big a deal once you understand how it works.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2014 @ 02:46 PM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014

well i tried to copy one user bank to another but i dont know how only voice by voice i know how but to do 128 times. i got the demo version but is says no transmitting to synthesizer so i think i cant do it with only the demo but to be honest i looked in a for a few minutes so maybe it is possible with the demo aldo 35 euro is not that much.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2014 @ 02:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
rower72 - 04 September 2014 02:17 PM

There’s not a “problem”, it’s just that you haven’t as yet understood how to load data from more than one library at a time. Based on your description, it’s evident that you’re loading the libraries as Type “All”. Doing that will overwrite ALL the previous data, including the Banks from the earlier library. In addition, you’re apparently also loading the samples again (otherwise reloading the library wouldn’t take 20 minutes), and will likely have duplicate Waveforms/Samples installed to the flash module.

You could certainly spend €35, although rereading the support article I linked to would be less costly (the portion from “When loading Voices into your MOXF:” onward is particularly applicable). The use of Load Types “1BankVoice” and “1BankPerform” will allow 128 Voices/Performances to be directed to specific User Banks. You can also selectively load individual Voices and Performances. See pages 156-157 of the MOXF Reference Manual for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2014 @ 03:17 PM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014

ah that makes things more clear so not choose type all maybe i was looking into the wrong place all the time i will try again and otherwise i just buy the software 35 euro is not that much only when i first tried to buy it it was 95 but that is for the whole package what i dont need well thx for the tips.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2014 @ 03:32 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
rower72 - 04 September 2014 03:17 PM

ah that makes things more clear so not choose type all maybe i was looking into the wrong place all the time i will try again and otherwise i just buy the software 35 euro is not that much only when i first tried to buy it it was 95 but that is for the whole package what i dont need well thx for the tips.

rower72, I caution you to not conclude that understanding how to use Total Librarian is instantaneous and requires no study.  This will be especially true if you try to use the Librarian prior to gaining a good understanding of the SAVE and LOAD function concepts.

In fact, it will be quicker for you to learn how to accomplish the simple task of LOADING a single BANK into the machine using the keyboard alone, than learning how to do it using Total Librarian.

Total Librarian really starts to excel when the LOADING tasks are complex and frequent.  What you are trying to do is on the fairly simple end of LOADING jobs...although I get that it doesn’t seem that way right now!

I would suggest you spend some time going over the materials that 5pinDIN has linked you to, and learn both the concepts and mechanics of doing this first in the machine alone.  You will really be doing it in no time, and will gain the knowledge threshold that will help you then decide whether to buy Total Librarian...from an informed point of view.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2014 @ 05:24 AM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014

I will try to load a single bank into the machine first yes so by not choosing load all before i buy total librarian aldo that program looks easy to me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2014 @ 02:03 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Just in case (and assuming you don’t have this or else, we hope, you would not be having on-going probs) this is of interest, there is a MOXF In ‘N’ Out downloadable video / DVD that addresses these and other related topics.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2014 @ 11:34 AM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014

This last two days i learned a lot about how to load things on the flash module, but still i walk into problems, but i think i will solve them eventually. I even bougt the total librarian software but already said i can do those things also from the keyboard but it is good to have to program next to it. What i still dont get or lets say it in a different way, voice banks are easy so that goes right, then if i choose performances i get an error saying this performances uses uservoices or something like that and the performances is screwed up.Also the appregio`s is still a little hard to copy because you can only do that one by one cause the keyboard doesnt recognise the all function. But i think i got the picture now. I will look into that video too. Aldo i still got one big question i have a 1 gb flash module but how on earth you can ever fill that 1 gb i mean if i got like 300 mb all of my user spots are taken and if i would load more it will only screw things up so what can i do with the other 700. Only answer i could think of is that some extra`s take more space for example the file from yamaha it self with 384 voices already took like 500 mb and then with 256 performances and appregio`s maybe you will get 1 gb full but this is not with al the files like the ones i recently bought.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2014 @ 11:43 AM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014
admin - 05 September 2014 02:03 PM

Just in case (and assuming you don’t have this or else, we hope, you would not be having on-going probs) this is of interest, there is a MOXF In ‘N’ Out downloadable video / DVD that addresses these and other related topics.

Thx i will maybe buy this in the future cause i think the yamaha is a great machine and i want to learn all of it, for now i can handle myself and got some other things in the picture.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2014 @ 12:51 PM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014

Ok i just found out loading the performancesbanks screwes up everything dont know why this happens i will now try to load them one by one hope that will help, also appregio`s are not possible to load maybe i choose a wrong place to buy new sounds i bought them easysounds maybe there lies the problem. This files will only fully work when you give the command load all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2014 @ 03:00 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
rower72 - 06 September 2014 12:51 PM

Ok i just found out loading the performancesbanks screwes up everything dont know why this happens i will now try to load them one by one hope that will help, also appregio`s are not possible to load maybe i choose a wrong place to buy new sounds i bought them easysounds maybe there lies the problem. This files will only fully work when you give the command load all.

You must understand something about PERFORMANCES:  They point to VOICES...so they only work properly when the correct VOICES are in the correct USER BANK locations.

This is not an issue when the PERFORMANCE uses PRESET VOICES.  However, when USER VOICE locations are linked to a PERFORMANCE, then any change in the VOICE STORED in that USER location will affect a PERFORMANCE that uses that VOICE.

Once you are familiar with that, you will see that anytime you change a VOICE that a PERFORMANCE points to, that PERFORMANCE now will find (and use!) the new VOICE.

This is where your Total Librarian kicks in!  From the Total Librarian Manual:

Uses a built-in dependency tracker. When you reorder patches, all dependant patches get updated automatically (pointing to the new locations) to preserve consistency of the library. When you paste patches all patches that are used by them can be pasted automatically.

I would use Total Librarian when you are building library BANKS of PERFORMANCES that need to keep track of the VOICES they use!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2