mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Stand for S90 (available in Australia)"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: February 13, 2004 @ 02:04 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Stand for S90 (available in Australia)

I think mine was the QL 641, which is essentially the same as the 640 but supplied with the second tier risers.

THere’s also another series whose number I don’t recall but whose risers screw on and are held in place by a toothed mechanism. This stand also has an extended base bar to give greater stability - it might be the 746.

You can obviously view them all by going to [url=http://www.quiklok.com]http://www.quiklok.com. [/url]

Cheers

Wellie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2004 @ 05:16 PM
arfraef
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-19-2003

Thanks heaps Wellie (x 3!)

I’ve checked out the huge range of stands available on the Quik-Lok site. I think my choices will he limited by Australian availability.

My best bets are the 610, 646 and the 746. I’ll call around, I think.

Thanks for your help.

-Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2004 @ 05:05 PM
arfraef
Joined  08-19-2003

is 50cm base depth big enough? Yours, Wellie has 66…

is 50cm tier depth going to be simply too deep for the S90?

(I’ve got the tape measure out and am trying to visualise stands)

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2004 @ 06:10 PM
arfraef
Joined  08-19-2003

Just explaining the last message:

The 641 and 642 have 66cm base depths, but the 646 has 50cm. The 746 has 66cm but the tier depth is 50cm.

And the 640 is an amp stand!

I think I’ll go for the 746.

*confused*

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2004 @ 06:55 PM
arfraef
Joined  08-19-2003

Yep. When comparing specs, I believe the 746 is the 1 tier version of the 641: Same heights, same widths, same tube size, same folded height.

All right, I’ve got it sorted.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2004 @ 03:04 AM
Wellie
Joined  05-09-2003

Fantastic /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Wellie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2004 @ 06:02 AM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003

I’ve got an Ultimate Support ‘Deltex’ stand I’m not using. I think the the mob who make them are called Ultimate Support Systems.
Try a search for some info and pic to see if it would suit your needs. It has it’s pros and cons but it’s been OK for a single keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2004 @ 04:01 PM
arfraef
Joined  08-19-2003

Thanks dude, I’ll check it out.

I still haven’t decided on leg legths and tier depths and stuff.......

746 - 26” leg length, 20” tier depth
646 - 20” leg, 13.75” tier

arghh!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2004 @ 04:17 PM
arfraef
Joined  08-19-2003

So yes. I was going to go into the city today to order my stand, but I don’t feel ready.

I had a look at the Deltex or whatever it’s called- it doesn’t suit me. This is the thing I erroneously callled a Z stand in my first posts. I know now it’s a Column stand, but otherwise my views remain; it looks unstable, and it looks impossible to sit in front of. Incidentally I think the Quik Lok Z stands have inferior height settings(don’t go low enough - 66cm being lowest). And also, that Monolith, doesn’t go low enough.

Please checkout the 646 and 746 and give me some advise about the leg length (how aggressive one can be with 20” and 26”..., if a too-big tier depth is going to scratch my keyboard (because of the pads)… And If I should just get the 746 for its upgradability in terms of tiers (also, the 646 tier depth is 13.75 inches - pretty snugly fits the S90 base depth, so will I be unable to add a tier to this later on because there’s no leftover tier to clamp the tier onto?)

Yeah, I still have issues.

Also the T-20 is on my “possible” list.

Thanks. So close, but I can’t decide between these.
+ venuemusic is able to order in any Quik-Lok stand, so availability is not an issue.

-Matt

Also I can’t be bothered going to the city....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2004 @ 04:21 PM
arfraef
Joined  08-19-2003

This is quite monologuous, especially if that is a word.

Another thought - even if the 646 can have a second tier, with the shortened leg length I might not want it to have one?

You can also advise me to stop whinging and go and buy something!

Also, the stand will go infront of a small table in my room (that’s what I intend). The table is for holding a monitor, keyboard and speakers. The other concern is that with a deep stand, both the legs and the leftover tier will get in the way of the table.

Also, I don’t expect having second tiers for a while, and futhermore, not having anything heavy on the seconds for a while after that (maybe an AN200, small mixer, a toy keyboard…

Might have to see about the shop’s 10 day money back guarantee.

Sorry about all this

-Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2004 @ 02:22 AM
Wellie
Joined  05-09-2003

Matt,

the extra leg length is all about providing stability for the second tier when its loaded - a heavy keyboard on the second tier can really mess with the centre of gravity of the whole setup and causing the whole thing to tip up backwards. So if you are not intending to ever use a second board or if you only intend to use a lightweight borad on the second tier then the elongated base is not as relevant to you.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Wellie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2004 @ 03:04 AM
arfraef
Joined  08-19-2003

sweet thanks Wellie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2004 @ 03:17 PM
arfraef
Joined  08-19-2003

One very last question: Do the second tier raisers use up some of the primary tier depth? so If one were to put a second tier on a stand with a 14” tier depth (which snugly fits the S90, I’ve measured) one would lose say 4 inches of that tier because of the connector?

If this is so, then it will be impossible to add a second tier (even for a light board) on the 646…

-Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2004 @ 02:02 AM
Wellie
Joined  05-09-2003

The fitting for the second tier is a metal sleeve which fits over the tube of the stand and then screws tight. The sleeve itself is not significantly thicker than the rubber support sleeves on the stand and so could not be said to take up any useful space and the keyboard can rest on this too.

THe sleeves are about 2 inches tops. and the strut to go up to the next level is at the back which is about another inch behind the end of the stand.

Hope these descriptions help

Wellie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2004 @ 04:09 PM
arfraef
Joined  08-19-2003

Great! Yeah, that’s good. That means, even with a second tier the 646 will be a very snug stand for the S90.

Thanks so much for everyone’s help, especially Wellie.

-Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Gear for sale Victoria ..
Next Topic:

AN200 for special at Turramurra music ››