mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "power adapter in australia"

Posted on: November 04, 2003 @ 08:09 PM
squinney
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-04-2003

i cant for the life of me find if a US power adapter for the es will be compatable in Australia, excluding the fact that the pins will be different.

Is the increase in voltage from 110 to 240 gonna be a problem?

... on another note anyone familiar with shipping costs for an es from US to australia? current estimate is about US$250.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2003 @ 04:07 AM
ejah
Joined  09-24-2002

Re: power adapter in australia

Yes the increase in voltage is absolutely going to be a problem. There is NO power switch on the synth, so you would require to get a power transformer.
And besides that, I am sure that you will have to pay import duties in Australia.
And how about warranty?
Did the same research for getting one from the US for Holland.
Cheers,
Ernst

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2003 @ 05:01 PM
squinney
Joined  11-04-2003

well thats a bugger then.

so my efforts in getting a cheap es6 are slowly crumbling before my eyes.

AU$4800 ($4300 if your lucky) i think its time to drop my pants and bend over. these prices make me sick.

F^#^#

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2003 @ 05:46 PM
milko
Joined  04-19-2003

I tried to work out a way to get a AUS power supply and there is no way on earth I was able to get one.

I ended up ringing up Musiclab in Brisbane they had them for $4328.  Give them a call and speak to the keyboard guys and see if they have any left at that price.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2003 @ 12:37 AM
squinney
Joined  11-04-2003

i found a power supply.

240V -> 115V tansformer

[url=http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MF1080&CATID=&keywords=MF1080&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=xxxxxxxxxx&Keyword2=xxxxxxxxxx&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=]http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MF1080&CATID=&keywords=MF1080&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=xxxxxxxxxx&Keyword2=xxxxxxxxxx&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID= [/url]

if you want a look.

problem is shipping from US leaves me no warranty.
no warranty for AU$1000 savings. tough decision aint it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2003 @ 07:13 PM
bigbod
Total Posts:  9
Joined  11-26-2003

Yeah, I considered buying a US ES6 off eBay a few weeks ago for around US$1700 + shipping.

But in the end, shipping (US$300) + NO warranty + GST + Other Customs charges + $$$ for a 115V-240V inverter made me decide otherwise.

I just picked up one from Turramurra Music for $4200. And I suspect that by early next year they’ll be < $4000 for the ES6.

Cheers
Rod

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2003 @ 09:05 PM
squinney
Joined  11-04-2003

i bought a classic 6 (well have it on layby due to an unforeseen house fire) for $3550 including extras…

150PLG-PC board
AKG- K66 headphones (i think thats the model)
Carry Case
DVD

Ive only paid $550 and im seriously considering leaving it and getting the es for a little more cash, without the extras. ohhh the agony.

any one wanna help my decision making! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2003 @ 04:13 AM
bigbod
Joined  11-26-2003

I’m not sure if will help, but to put your deal in perspective at least one dealer in Sydney was willing to sell me a brand new Motif 6 for AU$2995 (with no accessories).

Tough decision all right… I went for the ES for AU$4200 because I was happy to pay an extra AU$1200 for additional features of the ES (and I was swayed a little by the negative US feedback of Yamaha “forsaking” their Classics owners - although at least there is the loyalty offer in the US), but I certainly balked for a time when I heard the initial ES6 RRP of AU$5695 (crazy).

Cheers
Rod

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2003 @ 08:51 PM
squinney
Joined  11-04-2003

right… decision made. im gettin the es6. i never wanted that extra [censored] anyway.

how are you finding the es6. one gripe i had about it when i played it in the store was the quality of the sequencer buttons compared to the classic. they were all wobbly unlike the classic.

where did you get it for $4200?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2003 @ 03:51 AM
bigbod
Joined  11-26-2003

Can’t comment on the wobbly sequencer buttons as I’ve made the quantum leap from the Yamaha V50 to the Motif ES6. I’m kind of happy that I didn’t have a Classic Motif previously, as there seems to be some comparison chatter, and I guess it gets fairly subjective at times.

I love the ES6, and I’ve had many Yamaha instruments in my time. I do think the ES has a steep-ish learning curve (especially using the LCD display as the interface), but hey if it was too easy it wouldn’t be half the fun :-)

Got mine for $4200 from Turramurra Music (Sydney).

Cheers
Rod

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2003 @ 06:18 PM
milko
Joined  04-19-2003

Due to the cost of making all the new yamaha gear, they had to use the same faders and buttons on all their new gear to keep the costs down.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES are here !!!
Next Topic:

Monitor speakers ››