mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Classic Improvements"

Posted on: October 25, 2003 @ 06:06 AM
Joker
Total Posts:  58
Joined  08-27-2002

Does the Motif Classic have the capabiltiy to load and play tripple strike Piano samples?  That would be great for us Motif Classic users.  Also can the Motif Classic handle more than 64MB of sample RAM?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2003 @ 06:23 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Motif Classic Improvements

>>>>>Does the Motif Classic have the capabiltiy to load and play tripple strike Piano samples? That would be great for us Motif Classic users.<<<<<

Yes please visit the MotifMart - there is a triple strike piano in the Voice Libraries section

>>>> Also can the Motif Classic handle more than 64MB of sample RAM?<<<<<

Never tried. But 64MB is the recommended amount.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2003 @ 04:07 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Just a thought but Mo has 4 Mb of RAM built in as standard but when you add two 32 Mb chips it only reports 64 Mb and not 68! Anyway it would be interesting to hear if a Mo could handle more, but it would appear from the limited data available that Mo classic would still only report 64Mb.

Cheers

Wellie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2003 @ 03:43 PM
kevinb
Total Posts:  340
Joined  05-07-2003

The Classic Motif may not recoginze the original 4 megs of ram when simms are installed because it’s being bypassed, not because the processor can’t handle it. If I can borrow a pair of 64 meg simms I might try ‘em a try this weekend.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2003 @ 06:04 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

If you install less than 64MB, the Motif will show the sum of the base 4MB plus that installed.  When I first bought my Motif 8 2-1/2 years ago Guitar Center threw in 32MB of sample memory… when I installed it, the Motif showed that I had 36MB of sample RAM.

The Motif classic’s processor memory map supports a maximum of 64MB, so when you install 64MB on SIMMs it disables the original 4MB.

Regards,

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2003 @ 06:32 PM
kevinb
Total Posts:  340
Joined  05-07-2003

Thanks for the info, Brad. Guess I won’t have to borrow those 64 meg simms after all if 64 is really the limit.

Kevin

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sampling vocals
Next Topic:

load midi files? ››