mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sampling vocals"

Posted on: October 24, 2003 @ 07:26 AM
Frankie
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-18-2003

Hello,all you “MoBros” out there.I´m new here and unfortunately i don´t own a Motif yet,but I´m planning to get one real soon.The question for me is whether to buy “ES”,or “CLASSIC”.I will use the board for composing and recording new ideas,before i go into the studio to finish the songs.So i would like to create songs with vocals and maybe some guitars in it with the Motif.Are 64 MB Memory in the “Classic” sufficient to do a 4-5 Minute Song,or will i need more Memory?
Greetings from Germany

Frankie
(Hope you don´t mind my English)
Feel free to check out my Band´s Homepage.
[url=http://www.greenpark-music.de]http://www.greenpark-music.de [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2003 @ 12:05 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Sampling vocals

Frankie,

64MB of sample memory will allow you to record up to 6 minutes, 20 seconds of stereo at 44.1kHz (standard CD quality). Given that you might want to sample additional parts, or multiple takes, I would think that the Motif’s 64MB Sample RAM is marginal for your application. You can address this limitation either by getting an ES (with up to 1GB of sample RAM) or some type of DAW (even something as simple as a portable PC with a good sound card running SONAR or Logic,

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2003 @ 02:19 PM
Frankie
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-18-2003

Hi Brad,
thanks for your help.Guess the “ES” will be my choice then.

Regards

Frankie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2003 @ 02:27 PM
Gazza
Total Posts:  304
Joined  07-29-2002

Frankie, If you can afford it, you are going to be much better off with an ES, I like to think of it as 2 Motif classics in one box - twice the sounds, twice the polyphony, 8 times the number of simultaneous effects not to mention 10 times the sample memory and 10 times the arpeggios. Plus, if it’s samples you want to work with, then the ability to use usb storage devices is both cheap and convenient.

Gazza

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2003 @ 04:04 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

I don’t know what the price difference is in Germany but I would imagine if buying new there really is no question, it would have to be the ES. 64 Mb max on calssic is just not enough to do reliably what you want to do. Whereas an ES with large RAM will and with a USB memory device attached it is the smart way to go.

Cheers

Wellie

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ To Brad, BadMr., or anyone else who can help...
Next Topic:

Motif Classic Improvements ››