mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "To Brad, BadMr., or anyone else who can help…"

Posted on: October 22, 2003 @ 09:04 AM
Inna
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-27-2003

Hi all!
I’m now the proud owner of a wonderful Mo8Classic,
sitting near my MoRack (used mainly for gigs).
The problem: my Mo8 is second hand; I’ve the original
manual but not the software (how many cds?) originally shipped with the synth.
What am I missing, please?
I’m downloading the “Voice Editor for MOTIF6/7/8 Version1.1.1”,
the “Motif Editor Tools updater version 1.01",the" Motif OS updater version 1.70” and the” Motif 1.10 USB updater”
from yamahasynth.com.
I’m pretty sure I’ll need also the correct USB MIDI DRIVER.... but which one? From where can I get this driver ? Should I go for the “Generic UX/USB MIDI Driver (Windows/Macintosh)” from Yamahasynth.com?
Still missing other useful appz contained in the original
cds?
I’m looking also for the “Motif file utility”...any suggestion, please?
Thank in advance for your precious infos, as usual :-D
Inna, from Italy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2003 @ 10:33 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Re: To Brad, BadMr., or anyone else who can help...

Correct on all accounts. Yamahasynth is the place to go.So far you have everything right. you can also download any of the Tools and System info from the same place.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2003 @ 12:07 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Inna,

Welcome! A few comments/suggestions as you are getting set up:[list][*]In addition to the Owner’s Manual, you should have received a Data List and a Software Installation Guide. If you didn’t receive these they can be downloaded at the following URLs:

- Motif Data List
- Motif Software Installation Guide

[*]If you install the “Voice Editor for MOTIF6/7/8 Version1.1.1” there is no need to install the “Motif Editor Tools updater version 1.01”.
[*]You may or may not need to install the Motif 1.10 USB updater. This was an update to the USB driver that came out nearly 2 years ago. Depending on the age of your instrument, it may already be at version 1.10. To find out your USB frimware version press [UTILITY]-->[INFORMATION]. If it reads ver1.10, there is no need to apply this update.
[*]You may or may not need to apply the OS Release 1.7 upgrade. To check the current version of your Motif’s OS press and hold the [REC] and [REMOTE] buttons while turning on the power to the Motif.
[*]The USB Midi Driver that you should load on your PC will depend on the OS you are running on your PC/MAC. These drivers are available from yamahasynth.com or directly at the following link:  Generic USB MIDI Driver : Windows 98SE/ME/XP/2000/MacOS .
[*]Two other programs that ship on the Motif Tools CD that are downloadable from Yamahasynth.com are:

- TWE Wave Editor for Windows
- Yamaha File Utility Software [/list:u]In addition to the applications that are downloadable, the Motif Tools CD contains demo versions of cubase VST/32, and Logic Audio Platinum. These can’t be downloaded from Yamahasynth.com but may be available for download at their websites.

Also the Motif Original shipped with a “lite” version of ACID.

Hope this helpful.  Post back here if you have other questions

Good Luck,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2003 @ 10:18 PM
Inna
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-27-2003

Thanks a lot, Brad and Dukester!
I’ve already downloaded all the appz we’re talking about,
and in the weekend I’ll setup everything.
In the meanwhile, I’ve bought a Smartmedia Reader
and updated the synth to OS 1.7.
This evening I’ll check the Usb firmware and download
the data list.
Thanks again for your precious help!
Inna

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ new Classic OS anytime soon? care for suggestions?
Next Topic:

Sampling vocals ››