mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HELP PLEASE!"

Posted on: October 11, 2003 @ 09:08 AM
Honorable Cnote
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-11-2003

umm hello folks i’m new on the block and I have alot of questions i’m kinda baffled at the time and i NEED HELP first of all with sampling can i just pick out a word to slice and have it going though the loop? and second of all how do you get the tempo on hand just by sampling something without slicing it? and third of all why does my motif sound kinda off when the loops starts over again but if i take a couple of instruments and put them on mute it will sound like it’s on beat> if any one can answer any of these questions i will be very great ful thank you>

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2003 @ 10:51 AM
copperhand
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-09-2003

Re: HELP PLEASE!

Hey, nice handle. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Okay, for questions #1 and #2, I’m not sure what you’re asking (sorry!), could you explain in a little more detail?

For question #3, I can think of two possibilities.  When you say the loop sounds “off”, is it getting progressively behind or ahead of the beat?  In this case, the sample is not looped perfectly, so the loop time is not matching a bar of whatever tempo your song uses.

However, if the loop sounds “off” in a sort of random, bad-timing way, you may have too many MIDI messages on the same beat.  If you pile up a whole bunch of note-ons and controller messages on exactly the same time, it can cause bad timing.  Try sliding events forward or backward a few ticks.

The clue here would be whether the loop sounds more and more “off” as time passes, in which case I would suspect the first situation.

Also, if this is a drum loop, you might want to try re-triggering it manually, rather than holding a note for many bars and letting the sample loop.  If you re-trigger on the beat each time, you can compensate for minor timing errors in the sample.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Buttons
Next Topic:

mini disc to comp ››