mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ACID 4.0 WIT Classic MO….HELP"

Posted on: October 07, 2003 @ 01:10 PM
Topic
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-16-2003

I have no idea how to hook my Yamaha Motif to ACID 4.0, i just bought MIDI cables today and i have no idea what to do. Can anybody help me out with this problem? I also have a USB cable.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2003 @ 07:17 AM
copperhand
Joined  06-09-2003

Re: ACID 4.0 WIT Classic MO....HELP

I haven’t used ACID 4, but here are a few points to check:

1) The USB cable and the MIDI cables perform the same function (the USB does “MIDI-over-USB"), so pick one or the other, and make sure your settings on the Mo are correct.  (MIDI cables might be faster to set up since you don’t need to install a MIDI-over-USB driver).

2) The MIDI cables should plug into your sound card, but you might need adapters - check the size of the MIDI plugs.  The USB cable would obviously plug into a USB port.

3) Try sending some extremely basic MIDI message in each direction (e.g., playing a single note) to make sure your connection is working, before you try anything complex.

As for actually using the Mo with ACID, and how the two interact, I’m not the one to ask, but someone else may be able to help you there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2003 @ 12:30 PM
Topic
Joined  07-16-2003

Ok thanks for the help but i have 2 questions:

1. How do i set everythign up in the MO for the MIDI so it can be recorded into ACID?

2. How does the adapter look like?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2003 @ 08:28 AM
mLANman
Joined  06-04-2003

I use Acid 4.0 all the time; so let me take a stab at this…

1. Since your working with a Mo Classic, you need some type of MIDI interface for your PC. This can be a MIDI to USB device or a MIDI to sound card adapter. The MIDI to soundcard adapter plugs into the joystick port on most soundcards and then in to the MIDI jacks on your Mo. This is the cheapest way to go to, but not always the best. I would invest the few extra bucks in a real MIDI adapter (MIDIman makes a few nice ones and not too much $$$).

2. Once you have your MIDI interface dealt with, go into Acid and get it setup to work with the interface you have. Go to Options>Preferences>MIDI and choose the particular port you are using (choose your MIDIUSB device or soundcard depending on what you end up using).

3. When that’s done, click the record button and choose a place for Acid to save the midi track you are about to record.

4. Repeat step 3 until you have a great piece of music.

Hope this helps.

mLANman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2003 @ 09:03 AM
copperhand
Joined  06-09-2003

Note, there are different adapters out there… my sound card (SBLive) has MIDI ports, but they’re the tiny kind, so at the end of each MIDI cable I have a short (6inch) cable that goes from large-to-small MIDI jack.

You might need an adapter like that, or you might need the joystick-port adapter described by mLANman.  It depends on your soundcard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2003 @ 12:29 PM
Topic
Joined  07-16-2003

OMG i have tried what mLAN did and it still doesnt work, i plugged it into my joystick port and i clicked my soundcard in the MIDI tab, but nothing. Is there a way to do this with the USB cable that i have?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2003 @ 05:45 AM
copperhand
Joined  06-09-2003

Yes.  You have to connect the USB cable to the Motif and to your PC, and you have to install the MIDI-over-USB drivers that should be on the Motif CD.  Then you should be able to select the MIDI-over-USB as a MIDI port in your applications.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2003 @ 07:01 PM
Topic
Joined  07-16-2003

Allright ill try that out.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Question about ACID...
Next Topic:

MasterMode......continued ››