mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "E.T.A. of the Motif ES in Australia?"

Posted on: August 21, 2003 @ 06:01 PM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003

Has there been any word either from dealers or the local distributor about when the ES will be available here? Also any other info regarding expected prices, other bits etc.

Regards- Wayne

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2003 @ 12:35 AM
bc2
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-17-2003

Re:  E.T.A. of the Motif ES in Australia?

Wayne,

Maybe give Yamaha a call. They should be able to tell you.

From my past observation, Yamaha equipment generally releases on a similar date to the US date. But for the past release of EX series, S80, Motif and S90, they were available in the store earlier than the US. As for the price I suspect that the retail price for ES 8 is around $7500.00, ES 7 is $6500, and ES 6 is $5500. This is not an official quote from Yamaha Australia. I’m just guessing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2003 @ 02:17 AM
ozstarman
Joined  03-10-2003

Early October is the target!

Yamaha Australia had a dealer conference in Melbourne last weekend and announced the RRPs:

ES6 - $5,695
ES7 - $6,695
ES8 - $7,695

For local perspective:
Triton Studio 61 - $7,999
Triton Studio 76 - $8,999
Triton Studio 88 - $9,999

Ozstarman out!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2003 @ 06:13 AM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003

Thanks for the feedback. I hope the street cash prices are somewhat less. 12 months ago the Triton Pro was still listed as $6999 yet I was being quoted around mid to low $4K by dealers.

I don’t know how Yamaha works in this regard but I think it would be better if the list price was closer to the real sale price.
I’m sure quite a few prospective buyers must look at a list price and never imagine how much less it can be if they check around.
I wouldn’t be surprised if some give up on the idea and look for something cheaper or just keep what they already have. Even disregarding the ouright price, a thousand dollars between the 6 and 7 for an extra octave and a bit seems a little hard to fathom.
Obviously the weighted action on the 8 is greater justification there, yet the price difference from the 7 to the 8 is the same as the 6 to the 7. That’s where it’s harder to apply the exchange rate/import duty+GST rationale ( something Foleycore/Fax-O and I can agree on).

Without a doubt there will be lower prices advertised by dealers or the ‘Call for our low price’ caption.  Anyway, early October
isn’t far off now so we can get to hear one soon.

Cheers - Wayne

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2003 @ 07:16 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Sad hey dude /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt= way too expensive . You wont get more than $600 max off those and even then that’ll be dear.
I so wanted to hope I could upgrade my RS7K to this but it just isn’t viable.
For what it’s worth I think I’ll grab a Karma instead. Same voicings ,synth architecture as a Triton , take two expansion roms + the MOSS board ,has 5 insert + 2 master effects and 3 band eq per seq track (full synthesis) .
V2.0 Karma engine with software for full Karma EG programming yourself and the price is now around $2600(AUD) brand new.
Seriously I can live without a sampler IMHO.
I so wanted to like this unit (no doubt sonically I will) but ......
History will repeat itself and I guarantee you the next generation workstation is already indevelopment in Japan.
I mean hell I got an MP7 command station ,6 outs SPDIF out standard 128 voice 50 filters ,Proteus 2000 synth engine (semi modular for those in the know) + 1 expansion ROM for
$1750 (AUD) and that can have 128 meg waveform rom.
Sighs… I am so frustrated with Yamaha’s Oz pricing at the moment I mean really even if I wanted to sell the RS and get a Mo’Classic which now retail for $3795 I could still grab a Trition LE w/sample option for a smidge over 2K .
No brainer $$$ option there /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt=.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - It just makes ME WANNA SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM.
Hello Yamaha IS anybody listening for GODSAKE !!!!!!!
Sorry Way_ne and Co..
I’ve sort of had it up the ^ here ya know /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt=.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2003 @ 05:25 PM
bc2
Joined  08-17-2003

I can share your fustration. It upsets me to see other folks from country like US and Singapore can get the same instrument for much less price. I was in Singapore when S80 was release. A dealer prepared to sell me a S80 with a PLG board of my choice for Aus$2850.00 inc. GST. When I came back to Sydney the best price I could get for a S80 is $3500.00 withouth a PLG board.

I suspect the reason why we pay much more comparing to other countries because of our wonderful tax. With different layers of tax, I am not surprised to the huge price difference.

I’ve bought my S90 3 months ago. When Motif ES first announced, I thought of swapping it for Motif ES 8. But after a long thouhgt I’ve decided against. I am looking to spend my hard earn saving on a sound module from other company to get an all round pallette of sounds.

Have fun and enjoy with what you have now! making music is more important than getting the latest and wonderful equipment. It’s an endless battle we have to deal with.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2003 @ 06:15 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

The first shipment is due end of October, watch this space.

rrp as listed below are correct

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2003 @ 04:11 PM
arfraef
Joined  08-19-2003

Music City Sydney: “ES8 will go between $5995 and $6500 our price”

Turramurra Music: Motif ES8 approx $7695RRP.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2003 @ 06:01 PM
___
Joined  10-08-2002

Musiclab has the Motif ES Keyboards in stock now:

ES6: $4329
ES7: $5089
ES8: $5849

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Worth ordering from overseas?
Next Topic:

midi problems? ››