mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Rack OS Update and Multi Part Editor"

Page 6 of 6
Posted on: February 09, 2005 @ 09:07 PM
Kathiesings
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-02-2005

Re: Motif Rack OS Update and Multi Part Editor

Ok I’m not clear here....is there or is there not a multi part editor for OSX????  with the new OS for the Motif Rack.

Thanks,
Kathie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2005 @ 06:14 PM
kjc
Joined  03-20-2005

According to all info, the bundled software includes a sysex librarian, but I am not finding it in either the SQ01 nor the Voice Editor.  I have been able to successfully back up my USER banks, but I must save the Multi settings as well.

My rack is not ES and is at earlier OS software.  I’m not so concerned presently with upgrading the OS, but would like recommendation of SYSEX Librarian software known to work with the Motif Rack.

If I have continuously overlooked SysEx Librarian in my SQ01 or Voice Editor software, please describe it’s location.

Thanks!  Yamaha makes great products!  KJC

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2005 @ 05:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Your post is unclear are you saying you found the SQ01 and the Voice Editor or not?
They are both on the CDROM that comes with your Motif Rack.

The Multi-Part Editor is available for download from yamahasynth.com. Here is the link: Motif Rack Multi-Part Editor

When you refer to a “sysex librarian” - that is what the Voice Editor and Multi Part Editors do. They allow you to store and recall data from the Motif Rack via MIDI or USB-MIDI. There are no separate System Exclusive librarians other than these.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2005 @ 09:26 AM
kjc
Joined  03-20-2005

Perhaps I was unclear...Yes, I have loaded and used the SQ01 and the voice editor that came with the rack Motif.  I have successfully downloaded/saved my User voice banks.

Since the previous response to my original question, I now KNOW that a Multi-part editor is available, which I will get and utilize. 

I hope the new Multi-part editor is compatible with my current, older version of Motif OS. 

If it is, then I have the tools needed to save User voice banks and all my multi info, albeit in two operations, but that’s OK!

[I was looking for a generic sysex librarian for the purpose of not only saving ALL settings from the Motif in one fel swoop, but also dumping a global dump from an old DrumKatEZ ]

Thanks All !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2005 @ 12:27 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I was looking for a generic sysex librarian for the purpose of not only saving ALL settings from the Motif in one fel swoop, but also dumping a global dump from an old Drum
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

[url=http://www.midiox.com]http://www.midiox.com [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2005 @ 06:19 AM
mbmb
Joined  10-30-2004

ok so is this Multi part editor working well with Cubase SX3 !!

should i give it a go then ?

just got my ES !!...realy nice synth and compliments my others well

[ Ignore ]  

Page 6 of 6

Previous Topic:

‹‹ assignable outs