mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Rack OS Update and Multi Part Editor"

Page 3 of 6
Posted on: September 15, 2003 @ 12:41 PM
___
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-08-2002

Motif Rack OS and user arpeggios, possible?

Is it technically possible to make the Mo rack arpeggiator programmable (some user slots) in a future os release?
Because this function miss so much for those who want to design sounds with this great unit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2003 @ 12:51 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Re: Motif Rack OS and user arpeggios, possible?

I’ve tried to update to OS on the rack but soon as the sequencer (Sonar) stops playing the MIDI track my rack just sits there waiting for more packets to be sent, I kept waiting for 30 mins with no joy, turned off my rack and back on.  The OS Version is still 1.0.

What can I do now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2003 @ 05:08 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Motif Rack OS and user arpeggios, possible?

Use Windows Media Player to play the file. Usually foolproof...let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2003 @ 05:39 PM
Mikael
Joined  09-25-2003

Re: Motif Rack OS Update.

I tried using Sonar as well to do the update but to no avail. Same thing happened to me....just sat there after the sequence stopped playing. So I decided to try Media Player.
Wasnt untill I went into Control panel / Sound and Audio Devices and made the Yamaha MIDI output my default MIDI selection for windows and then played a MIDI sequence in the Rack that the transfer worked.

Mikael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2003 @ 10:12 PM
nentwig
Joined  05-04-2003

AFAIK sonar is based on Cakewalk engine. I tried two different cakewalk versions myself, it just doesn’t work.

Again for new readers: Cakewalk will NOT work with the OS update. Sonar will NOT work. Windoze Media player works. The sequencer that comes with your rack works.

-Markus

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2003 @ 11:24 PM
SonicOverflow
Joined  09-23-2003

I can confirm this too - I did just this last night.  Sonar doesnt succesfully update the MOTIF, but the Yamaha SQ01 sequencer that is on the CDRom that came in the box DOES do it. 

Steve.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2003 @ 10:04 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Re: Motif Rack OS Update and Multi Part Editor

Hi guys, I’m new to this whole Motif thing. I’m about to get a Motif Rack tomorrow.  I currently have a Trton Le I wasn’t satisfied the piano sounds, so I decided to go with the Motif Rack. I’ve read most of the articles and discussions in this forum about the sounds and I was very impressed.  So hopfully I will be COMPLETELY happy this time. I was trying to fin out if u can download the newest OS on to your rack using a smartmedia reader/writer or am I talking crazy.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2003 @ 08:35 PM
SonicOverflow
Joined  09-23-2003

Easiest way is USB Midi connection and the SQ01 software supplied on CD with the Motif Rack.  Sonar and Cakewalk dont do it properly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2003 @ 06:34 AM
H_Bomb
Joined  08-21-2002

I finally got around to updating the OS.  I used the SQ01 sequencer included with the MoRack, as well as the joystick port on my SB sound card for a MIDI port.

I got the “Completed.  Reboot” message so I turned the unit off and back on.  I couldn’t tell what OS version was on the unit at startup.  So I turned it back off and held the 3 buttons down and turned it back on:

Current Ver Kernel 1.0000
Firm 1.0200
Data 1.0000

The only thing that changed was the “Firm.” Did I do the update correctly?  I think so, but I just want to verify.

Thanks,

Rick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2003 @ 05:44 AM
nentwig
Joined  05-04-2003

Same here.

-Markus

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2003 @ 10:19 AM
H_Bomb
Joined  08-21-2002

“I finally got around to updating the OS. I used the SQ01 sequencer included with the MoRack, as well as the joystick port on my SB sound card for a MIDI port.

I got the “Completed. Reboot” message so I turned the unit off and back on. I couldn’t tell what OS version was on the unit at startup. So I turned it back off and held the 3 buttons down and turned it back on:

Current Ver Kernel 1.0000
Firm 1.0200
Data 1.0000

The only thing that changed was the “Firm.” Did I do the update correctly? I think so, but I just want to verify.

Thanks,

Rick “

Can someone please verify if I performed the update correctly?

Thank you,

Rick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2003 @ 07:59 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

That’s it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2003 @ 09:12 AM
H_Bomb
Joined  08-21-2002

Thanks!

Rick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2003 @ 06:23 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Came into this one fairly late having just read SOS review on the update.

In their initial assessment they noted some fairly serious timing glitches which Yammy said they would address. Their latest review with the new OS reports that the timing problem is improved but still not great and is still quite evident when used with other modules and keyboards.

Can any other users confirm this.

Cheers

Wellie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2003 @ 03:56 AM
nentwig
Joined  05-04-2003

My rack’s timing is more accurate than the timing of its user. Which doesn’t mean much /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

-Markus

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 6

Previous Topic:

‹‹ assignable outs