mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PC Software Sample Editor"

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 10:46 PM
werner.leupold
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-09-2009

Why does Yamaha not release a software based sample editor tool for pc (and mac) similar to the Nord Wave tool?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 03:38 AM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Re: PC Software Sample Editor

There was an application Tiny Wave Editor by Yamaha for PC only I seem to recall.

Cannot remember which piece of kit it came with - SW1000 PCI card possibly?

Anyone fancy an espresso?

Ah-ha - there it is

[url=http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/twe/twe231w.zip]http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/twe/twe231w.zip [/url]

Regards,

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 10:44 PM
werner.leupold
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-09-2009

Hi boulez,

thanks for you response. I already know the TWE software tool from yamaha but this is more or less a simple editor for .wav files.
I do not understand why yamaha did not devolop a prof. tool that gives all motif users the possibility to edit .wav files, arrange these wav files to keybanks and finally to a waveform.
Some additional converter functions between different file formats would perfect this tool.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 02:49 AM
NorthernElite
Total Posts:  54
Joined  05-16-2008

I’m with Werner on this - If Yamaha are not gonna fix the OS so that sampling workflow is efficient - then at least a good application to edit/assign samples onto the XS would be a big step forward.

There was some talk about some sampling enhancements in the next XS OS update - anyone have any details on that or did I misunderstand?

I don’t get much chance to get on this forum regularly - but damn it seems like years ago they were talking about ‘Motifator 3’ - Still no changes yet I see.

I’ve been considering my hardware options lately and I gotta say that the new Open Labs NeKo XXL is starting to gently whisper my name.  I hear it calling me now ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 03:56 AM
boulez
Joined  02-12-2007

Hi to Northern Elite - et al

We tried the Korg M3 (expanded) yesterday and apart from being an excellent all-round workstation, their VST plugin works perfectly.

Additionally, some companies release their Beta drivers to their community eg Vista 64 driver by Korg which so far is working reliably. M-Audio have done the same.

We are all (well mostly) ‘grown-ups’ here and know the risks involved in using beta software. I have no idea why Yamaha do not do this unless the development stage is further in arrears than they would like the community to know?

I (along with others in our field) are preparing an open letter on the matter.

Just take a look at all the posts from its employees on the subject of new Yamaha software/drivers/websites etc since June 2008 on this site. Co-ordination is not a word which springs immediately to mind.

I firmly believe one could be forgiven for thinking Yamaha’s PR and announcements on all of these (alleged) forthcoming releases has been handled by a Random Number Generator!

Regards (from a mere Sasenach)

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 05:02 AM
NorthernElite
Total Posts:  54
Joined  05-16-2008

Well said sir.

Best regards from Jockland! ;-)

Ps. I’m expecting the usual fanboys to chime in here and tell us to either pipe down or GTFO...lol
(keep this to yourself, but the truth sometimes hurts)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 07:33 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

There is an editor for the XS in development.  When we will see it is another issue.  I still firmly wish Yamaha did not buy Steinbug and focused development on hardware instead of software that doesn’t truly resolve the shortcomings of the XS OS. I purchased the XS for the hardware and the OS that it runs.  I think Steinberg is dragging Yamaha in the wrong direction.  That company has bad karma.  Ditto with Chicken Systems.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 12:18 PM
boulez
Joined  02-12-2007

Hi SG

I am none too aware of Steinberg’s history; to what are you alluding when you say “bad karma”?

Best,

B

btw Funny you should mention it but “Ditto with Chicken Systems” is one of my favourite Chinese dishes too!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 01:24 PM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

It has to do with roaches but this is not the place to discus it.  I don’t like being reminded anyway. One thing I like about Yamaha is they keep a pretty good quality standard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 07:48 PM
ZombieRaider
Total Posts:  291
Joined  04-03-2006

Bad Karma or Garth @ Chicken Systems don’t know how to respect his customers in any way, shape, or form and insists everything is user error and not the software.....Did I say that out loud??....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MasterMode Copy From To
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››