mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing arpegiators on motif rack in real time"

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 04:42 AM
Eterna
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-09-2009

Hi all!

I just played the motif xs in a local store and i noticed i can change the arp from 1-5
Can i do this on the motif rack xs too?

Saves me allot of money since i already own a korg tr 76 so i dont need the keys XD
Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 07:16 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Changing arpegiators on motif rack in real time

The answer is, yes, you can. You do so by assigning either a switch or a continuous control to manipulate the Arpeggios.

If you set the ARP ASSIGN MODE parameter to ‘INC’ - then each time you send in the Control Change message the Arp will advance to the next arpeggio 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 2 etc.

If you set the ARP ASSIGN MODE parameter to ‘DIRECT’ - then when you send a value for the Control Change: 0 – 25 (Arpeggio 1), 26 – 50 (Arpeggio 2), 51 – 76 (Arpeggio 3), 77 – 101 (Arpeggio 4), 102 – 127 (Arpeggio 5)

So for example, if you assign a knob on your controller.. it would work as follows… a knob typically turns from a minimum setting of 7 o’clock and a maximum of 5 o’clock
When the knob is between:
7 and 9 o’clock = ARP 1
9 and 11 o’clock = ARP 2
11 and 1 o’clock = ARP 3
1 and 3 o’clock = ARP 4
3 and 5 o’clock = ARP 5

Maybe not as convenient as the [SF1] - [SF5] buttons you find on the front panel of the keyboard version, but you will have to decide if the whole package (Motif XS keyboard) is compelling in your situation - with its 8 knobs, and 8 sliders, sequencer, sampling, etc., etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 08:43 AM
Eterna
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-09-2009

Re: Changing arpegiators on motif rack in real time

So if i got your message correct i can take these buttons to change the arp numbers?
(look at picture as attachement /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How do I set a Midi CC for my (wind) controller ?
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››