mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Best Cheap or Free VSTi or Plugin Pack like Motif?"

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 09:05 PM
Funkster
Total Posts:  449
Joined  07-20-2008

If I want a VSTi (all software) similar to motif in functionality (without having to install a million different plugins) what are some suggestions?

Funkster

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 08:44 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: Best Cheap or Free VSTi or Plugin Pack like Motif?

Not sure what you mean by “all the functionality of the Motif”. Do you mean with all the integrated sampling features, onboard ROM waveforms, DSP effects, sequencer, drum sounds, arpeggios, pattern and song mode, etc.?

There is no existing VSTi that delivers all the functionality of the Motif XS. If you’re looking for an “all-in-one” software app, you might want to check out Reason, that’s what a lot of people go for. It’s not cheap or free, though. You could also check into Reaper, however, that’s not as full-featured as the XS or Reason.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 08:47 AM
Funkster
Joined  07-20-2008

Re: Best Cheap or Free VSTi or Plugin Pack like Mo

Hi Dave

I have reaper but thats a DAW not a Vsti....

I didnt say all the features…

I just mean something that plays back warveforms and has filters....

So it can do piano, clavs, organs, synth sounds, basses, guitars etc.....

But not something really heavy weight like Giga or something like that....

Funkster

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 09:11 AM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

Hypersonic 2 is the closest sounding plugin to what ROM is like in a workstation.. It’s my go to plugin ,in the box when I’m looking for the ROM sound other then my XS. I wish Yamaha would make a true plugin version of their ROM series in a Vsti plugin.. This next editor looks like it’ll be nice too though,we shall see.. How many days till the release ? : ]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 09:37 AM
Funkster
Joined  07-20-2008

Hi Bobby
Hypersonic looks very nice but it seems like it’s a “legacy product” now..??

Funkster

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 09:48 AM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

Try getting in touch with Keyfax Media they had some copies left,last time I checked.I had to do alot of searching for it,but Keyfax came through,and I did purchase it after they discontinued it as well.. I have ton’s of great stuff,but there’s only a few libraries that make it on my Pc, HS2 is one of them..The programmers of HS2 we’re actually smart guys,it’s easy to use ,but very programmable and can get equally as deep due to the elements under the hood,just alike the XS..

Mark Ovenden was a great sound designer period!! He is surely missed,and the programmer Paul Kelett was a smart guy,they just don’t make’m like this any more..

Good Luck

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Auditioning Sounds with Editor?
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››