mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FYI - Minor Bug"

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 09:45 AM
darryoush
Total Posts:  21
Joined  12-06-2008

I just updated my firmware to 1.21.1 on my XS6.  I might be missing something but it looks like once the factory reset on startup is selected Motif remembers it (it probably has to in order to work after start up).  I can not imagine a condition in which you would want to reset the machine every time you start it up.  It may make sense to have the machine to turn the setting off after the reset is done.  It took me three startups to figure out what is happening.  I know no matter how idiot proof you make it, they always make better idiots, but on behalf of the rest we do appreciate the effort.

Yamaha – Thanks for your continues support.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 09:59 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

Re: FYI - Minor Bug

This is no bug.  It does exactly what you asked it to do.  This is a start up utility setting.  Meaning, you want it to automatically do a factory set each time you power on the XS.  If you just wanted to do a factory reset for this one time, just press enter and leave the power on setting unchecked.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 12:16 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I can not imagine a condition in which you would want to reset the machine every time you start it up.

Never worked in music store retail, huh? That is provided for the music stores that have customers who come in and load/create all kinds of *stuff* in the floor model. So at least everyday when they power up the unit it resets to factory settings. Strictly for retail stores mind you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 07:33 PM
darryoush
Total Posts:  21
Joined  12-06-2008

Bad Mister, It sounds like you have this crazy idea that the world does not revolve around me /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt= Thanks for clearing that out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 03:33 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

LOL I think the world revolves around MUSIC
Ever notice that even when your feeling bad, you got to your Motif, and start playing, those emotional pains in the ass of life seem to fade just a little bit?

Just keep creating.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Converted Classic , ES Sounds are pretty good!
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››