mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using Arps on multiple tracks in song/pattern mode"

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 07:55 PM
Z.brazil
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-04-2007

I have a MO6 and I can’t seem to figure out whether you can use an arp on more than one track in song/pattern mode? I use these modes because I sequence using the MPC, so I want to be able to select an arp for MIDI track 1, 2, etc.

When I go into the ARP screen under the EDIT function, as soon as I turn the ARP SWITCH to ON for one track, it forces the previous ON to OFF. It seems like I can only have one at a time...I hope I’m wrong. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 02:03 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Re: Using Arps on multiple tracks in song/pattern mode

You’re right, you can use only one arp at the same time on the MO on multitimbrals mode : performance/song/pattern.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 08:31 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

The mo only has one arpeggiator.

So you have to save the output of a track going through the arpeggiator. So you have the midi output of an arp recorded to a midi track then it will play just like it was going through the arp.
Then your free to use an arp on a different track.

I do this in cubase but there are instructions in the manual and on the board here how to put the arp output to a track.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 08:56 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

FOr information on recording arpeggios to song tracks check out the following article from the Motif Classic Behind the Manual page:[list] Working with the Motif Arpeggiator [/list:u]While written for the Motif Classic, this article applies equally to the MO6/8 (and Motif ES).

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MO6 Song Mode - set tempo from Studio Connections?
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››