mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Creating Sounds"

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 10:34 AM
adlib311
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-22-2007

I want to start creating voices in Mo6. I dont want to use voice editor etc because right now, well actually for the past year it confuses the heck out of my and i just dont understand why i can never access my banks, But any who.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction as far as programing voices in Mo6.

I have tried to look around but i havent found anything help full!!

Any help would be great!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 11:52 AM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Re: Creating Sounds

You can initialize a voice (on ES it is in the JOB function), Then select a wave in one element for your sound as the starting point (ex: an aco piano wave). Then there are a slew of parameters to tweak the voice which I won’t even get into. You can add additional waves as elements (4 total) to widen or thicken your sound or create multi voice sounds such as piano with strings.

Here is another way that will save you time & energy regarding the parameter changes. Find a voice that is similar to what you want to create (ex: strings) Turn off all the elments that are on. Then turn on only 1 element and scroll thru all the string waves available to find the one you like best.
Because you originally picked a sound similar to the one you wanted to create, most of the parameters are likely to be close to where you want them so little or no tweaking is required. If you want to add to this sound, turn on the next element and scroll thru the waves again until you find one that compliments the first one, and so on. Balancing the volume of the waves is important. While still in the Edit mode you can adjust the output of each element/wave in the AMP section under LEVEL/PAN.

This is basic, but it is a good place to start.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 04:20 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

There is a whole “course” on sound making on the “Sound Advice” DVD, available at the motif mart on this website.

Click on “MOTIF MART” button at the top of this page.
Click on “Videos & DVD’s” on the left hand side of the next page.
Scroll through the product descriptions until you come to “Sound Advice”.

“Sound Advice” uses the Motif ES to demonstrate, but since the MO and the ES are very close in operation, you can apply what’s on the DVD to your MO.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 11:55 AM
Sérgio Ricardo
Total Posts:  47
Joined  10-08-2006

Dave,

1 - What contains the book “Sound Advice Script”?

2 - The DVD contains subtitles (even if it is in English)? Because of some technical terms is more difficult for me to understand some terms only in audio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 01:33 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

The script for Sound Advice is a written transcript of the audio portion of the DVD.

So if you want, you can just order and download the script and read it, perhaps that is easier for you.

I believe that you can choose your language for the DVD.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 06:04 PM
adlib311
Joined  03-22-2007

Thanks Peter. Even tho i was pretty good with the Manual i couldent understand what it wanted me to do. Ill try to check out what you told me to do. Thanks for the Info. i wanna get into the waves and edit them etc.

I think im about to have fun! LOL Any other usefull hints?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 10:30 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

There are so many parameters to edit that it would take quite a while to cover them all. But here are some basic ones to get you started. I am a big fan of EQ. Find the wave you want to start with and use EQ in that wave (2 band L/H which I usually use or P.EQ {parametric} for each element/waveform) and adjust to your liking.

Also basic attack, delay & release of the waveform can be altered by AMP (F4) - AEG (SF3). As in my previous post, if you start with the type of voice you want to create instead of initializing, you may not need to have to adjust these parameters.

FILTER (F3) is a good area to experiment. SF1,2 & 3 would be the best parameters to start with.

In the COMMON Edit mode, EFFECT (F6) is a great place to start ( this mode affects all the elements you have chosen to use as one, like a global effect).

The best way to learn is to go through each parameter in the ELEMENT Edit mode & the COMMON Edit mode. Change each parameter and see how it affects the voice (use the Edit/Compare button to see the difference the edit has made compared to the initial or stored voice). The more you experiment, the more you will learn. It does take some time so don’t get discouraged. Do a little at a time and store your edits along the way as you like them. If you wait too long to store your edits, you are bound to make changes you don’t like and will not remember what you did that made it sound good a few edits earlier.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2009 @ 11:00 AM
adlib311
Joined  03-22-2007

Man, i finally figured it out last night, im excited.

Im only having trouble with one thing.

Say i started editing User Voice 36.  I then want to save to user Voice 1 Bank A. i was a little confused on how to do that,

and i assume that i save as a voice edit file onto my flash card?

All i need to figure out now is studio manager and the voice editor lol.

[ Ignore ]