mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Classic Insertion Effects"

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 06:10 AM
Rosy
Total Posts:  11
Joined  01-30-2009

Hi guys

Have fought with the manual but lost!

A seemingly simple task is to play back a midi sequence in Song mode and have some of the voices with insetion effects?

Then to save this set up somehow!

I have managed to add one insertion effect using the record button but that can’t be how it is done?

Thanks for your wisdom!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 06:57 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Motif Classic Insertion Effects

One of the limitations of the Motif Classic (compared to later generations of the Motif family) is that a single voice can have its insertion effects enabled in performance, song or pattern modes. (The ES supports 4 voices with insertion effects and the XS supports 8 voices with insertion effects.) You can choose which part has its insertion effects enabled in the [SONG]-->[MIXING]-->[EDIT]-->[COMMON]-->[F6] EFFECT-->[SF1] CONNECT dialog.

If you have installed sample memory in the instrument you can get around this limitation by sampling each part of the song with its insertion effects enabled and then playing back the sampled voices simultaneously. For more information on this approach, see the “The Resample Process” article from the Motif Classic Behind the Manual process.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 09:06 AM
Rosy
Total Posts:  11
Joined  01-30-2009

Thanks Brad

I have overcome this I think by adding a SYS message to the track I want to have the lonely insertion effect! Seems to work!

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 12:14 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

My guess is that you are sending a System Exclusive command of the form: F0 43 10 6B 36 00 4D dd F7; where:

- dd = part number - 1 (to have insertion effects on part 1 dd = 00; for part 2, dd = 01; etc.)

Including this system exclusive command in your song has the same effect as setting the EFF PART in the Song Mixing Common Edit dialog described above.

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading my own .wav for voices.
Next Topic:

Short tutorial on GM files ››