mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO6 & Protools"

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 05:07 PM
BJ
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-05-2007

I create songs in pattern mode on my Mo6 that consist of 5 or more tracks

Once finished I record them all at once in Protools via MBox2 on a stereo track via the audio out puts on the MO6 and the audio imputs in the MBox

This results in all tracks in the MO becoming one stereo track in Protools

This limits my ability to individually tweek my finished product in Protools.

Is there a way to send my various tracks created in the MO6 all at once to protools thru MIDI connections resulting in 5 or more stereo tracks being recorded all at once in protools?

WARNING I’m midi challenged but realize I need to understand how to use it.

Thank You for this Forum

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2009 @ 07:33 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Re: MO6 & Protools

I only used protools once so can’t help you when it comes to it.

There are several ways to go.

The main decision is if you want to move the midi to the computer and send it to the mo one track at a time or just solo a track on the mo and record the audio output. You might try both ways.

Two ways to get midi, save the song on a flash disk as a .mid and import it in protools or play the song on the mo and record the midi output. You may have to separate the channels into tracks which protools may be able to do, or record the midi one track at a time.

Anyway you go you need to set the mo to not use its internal clock but use midi clock. Under utilities/midi, then you tell protools to send midi clock to the mo.

Then you hit record in protools and the mo should startup and send the midi/audio to you to record.

You have to do some tests to see which way you want to work.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Is there an easy way to transpose in perf mode?
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››