mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Studio Manager and Cubase 5"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 10:35 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

Re: Studio Manager and Cubase 5

SG - Are you whining again ?

Yeah, I guess so.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 11:04 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

PS I had no problem with your other post other than the misleading tittle.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 12:10 PM
Funkster
Total Posts:  449
Joined  07-20-2008

I think the driver issue is a bigger issue than the editor.....

As awork around perhaps you can use a normal midi interface to connect to the XS and create a patch list somehow?

My problem with boulez post wasn’t merely the title, it was the very arrogant and “profoundly” snarky attitude.

One thing that I think DOES NOT help is when Bad Mister constantly drums up “ Nothing like this has even been attempted!!!”

WHHHHOOOO CARESS???? Every project I do, what I do has never been attempted..... When do I or most engineers use that as an excuse?

Being a software engineer is like being a musician—you create something out of nothing!

It would be a lot better for yamaha to admit that they got the schedule fubar’ed, and be honest, and not blow smoke and say “well gee noone had ever tried to build a C5 driver for the XS before, and that’s why it’s taking so long”....

When I do software development, I tackle the unknowns first, that way I dont have to make excuses like that.

I don’t wait until the last part of the project to start doing the hard parts that noone has tried before.

Perhaps that’s a memo that can get sent to YCJ....

Best,
Funkster

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 02:43 PM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Well said Funkster - totally agree.

BTW - Sorry if what passes for irony and rhetoric overy here over comes across as arrogant. It certainly isn’t intended to be. I think it is merely a cultural differenece.

Try reading some of the drivel I post while doing an impersonation of (say) John Cleese and you’ll have a better idea of the spirit in which it is posted.

Best to all

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 08:35 PM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

I have to agree with the sentiment here about this stuff not being done already as well.. The editor was mentioned @ summer namm 08.. Let’s give the patience thing a break already.. angry customers?

Friday on the editor eh ? We will see about that,you guys can keep the studio manager,I don’t even want it,hell I don’t even want the hardware, make a software plugin and call it a day! That may make a few folks here cry though, who cares,I’m paying for the sounds,and could care less about plastic and metal.I weld pipes for a living I see enough of that!

Tight integration is still yet to be seen.. I’m one of those customers who was sold on this hardware/software all working together since 2007! Cubase 4 Mediabay + working with hardware never happened either.It still has not,but thats a Steinberg claim I guess,oops I forgot Yamaha owns those guys,maybe they should pass the word to their customers before they market on false claims,that ones legally not smart to do?

The Vst3 editor release is actually important to me,thats why I’m at motifator to this day! The idea of it will hopefully eventually get people to think like me and ask why not just build a soft synth with the equal quality sound sources?  Have patience thou FOOLS.for the time shall cometh when thou shall finally drink and be merry!!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Start-up Voice
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››