mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Studio Manager and Cubase 5"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 10:13 AM
LaffLiryc
Total Posts:  15
Joined  12-11-2007

hi,

i installed c5, the daw, studio manager, editor, driver just like it was said in the tutorial.
everything works, but now ther is no studio manager under “device” in C5.
where is it? i need that. in C4ai and C3sx it was there but now something is wrong.
anyone an idea?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 10:46 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Studio Manager and Cubase 5

Not sure why you are not seeing STUDIO MANAGER as an option. It should appear as it does in all versions of Cubase after Cubase SX3.1.1

Check again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 11:00 AM
LaffLiryc
Joined  12-11-2007

i did. an theres nothin. in csx3.1 it was there and in c4ai too, but now in c5 its not in cubase and i need to start it from there. i tried everything like reinstall but nothin happens its still not under “device” like it was in the versions before.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 11:24 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, you are having this difficulty… but for more help you will have to provide us with some of the details on your computer and operating system.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 11:34 AM
LaffLiryc
Joined  12-11-2007

i got an intel2core quad, 8gb ram, vista home premium 64bit sp1, m-audio audiophile 2496 (wit 64bit driver) and the motif xs without mLan (its usb connected). my sequencer is cubase 5 64bit.
i got the newest usb yamaha driver, and the newest studio manger, editor and daw installed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 11:50 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

It probably is the fact that you are running 64-bit… You should probably call Customer support. I do not see support for Studio Manager in 64-bit and don’t know if that means it will not work or it simply does not show up… Sorry, cannot help you with this.

Seems like if you are running Vista 64-Bit that would be the first thing you should suspect… not all programs are ready to run on it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 10:39 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

There is a new Unicode compatible Extensions coming soon for Yamaha products and Cubase 5.  Currently with Cubase 5 ( because it was designed to be Unicode compatible) , the current Extensions and Studio Manager do not setup connections automatically in Vista 64.  We believe this is part of the releases that are planned in the next few weeksand certainly Vista 64 is one of the the reasons that the releases are taking longer than we planned.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2009 @ 04:15 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Yamaha Us

I have already for 2 weeks Cubase 5. I am using the XS8, and the N12 mixer in a MLAN network. I still am waiting for Yamaha’s/Steinberg fire wire driver for Cubase 5 and the new Yamaha/Steinberg extensions driver.

I only want you to know that this is very frustrating. Fortunately I still can work with my Cubase 4.5.2 which offers the old steinberg extension driver.

Please, I have a Vista 32, so I do not have to wait till your Vista 64 version is working. LOL.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 05:32 AM
LaffLiryc
Joined  12-11-2007

i definetely agree. i can’t do nothing without the motif and because of my 64 bit system nothing works.
i don’t get the point. yamaha knew c5 would be running on a 64bit sys (and it does well). so why they didnt develop the needed driver earlier?
thats really frustrating.
and is that true, that ther won’t be a 64bit vista spport for the mlan? because i wanted to buy it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 07:11 AM
vanillawafer
Total Posts:  126
Joined  07-01-2007

I agree, I’m so frustrated with Yamaha right now.  I too now have Cubase 5 running XP 32 bit and it does not work with my n12 or my XS.  WTF!  Why does Yamaha seem to have their head up their *** Is it that hard to release drivers that work when the software ships?  Steinberg is owned by Yamaha, so why is this so difficult?

I came on here today to report that my XS will not integrate with Cubase 5 and sure enough someone already posted this issue.  So now we sit and wait, again, on Yamaha.

The whole point of going with the n12, XS, and Cubase is because of the tight integration, and now we’re left in the cold with zero integration.  I’m really starting to question my choices of buying gear that tightly integrates.  If I were just using a Mackie Control & a normal audio interface I would not be having these issues.  Instead it’s kind of ironic that I purchased gear for the sake of being tightly integrated and I’m worse off because of that choice.

Yamaha, please get it together!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 07:19 AM
vanillawafer
Joined  07-01-2007

What’s even more ironic is that they have working integration with the iPhone and don’t even have working integration with their own damn hardware!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 08:16 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

I have Studio Manager, Cubase 5, the n12 and the Motif XS working together… this doesn’t help you, not directly - but the fact, remains it is simply a matter of getting all the Extensions and drivers - which are in the final process of being released.

There is no template or precedence for what Yamaha and Steinberg are attempting.

A week or two from now, you will probably be happily working away with all units working together. We all have to remember that although we each are the most important person on the planet, it is still a very big planet, this place Earth.  And there are times when decisions are made that may seem strange from our particular view but make sense when viewed from a different angle.

Not everyone waiting on the release of Cubase 5, is an XS owner or an n-Series owner… perhaps there is a film guy or gal somewhere waiting for the release of Cubase 5 to go to work on a project… Should Cubase 5 be held up from release because the final version of the extensions for the Motif XS is a week or two from release?

From our perspective (in our corner of the world) “ABSOLUTELY, those idiots, don’t they know what I need!!!”
However, in the bigger scheme of things, of course there are people who will use Cubase 5 without every knowing or caring about the issue that is of concern to us (XS owners, N-series owner, etc.) and seeing that the extensions and drivers do exist (and actually for the most part, do actually work), me thinks thou dost protest too much… I understand, and from my own point of view, I think it would be great if everything waited until what I wanted to happen was perfect and got released and that everything waited so all the items could be on the DVD and no one had to download anything, but I also understand that in today’s world that is not a possibility…

...so patience please.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 08:36 AM
LaffLiryc
Joined  12-11-2007

i got your point and youre probably right but it was known way before the release of c5 that yamaha and steinberg have the integration of the hardware and the integration in a 64bit system. so i dont understand why they come up later with that drivers. its just not logical. of course not everyone got my problem, but its not a special problem if you see the fact that yamaha and steinberg is the same company. they talk so much about the integration of the yamaha hardware in cubase and then they just do something like now.

anyway, if its really about a week or two, it wouldnt be that hard. but actually i’m afraid that we’ll get or driver stuff not before may...if we are lucky.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 08:47 AM
vanillawafer
Joined  07-01-2007

yeah, yeah, yeah, you guys have it working, that’s just great.  Just like you guys have the VSTi editor, but guess what, WE THE CUSTOMERS DON’T!

Also, “patience please” seems to be a recurring message around here that we hear every week.  How about Yamaha just plan a little better, like start development on new drivers and extensions earlier so that they can be released on time instead of using resources to build iPhone integration.

It’s very frustrating when us loyal customers are left waiting for our gear to work correctly when the reason we purchase yamaha and steinberg is for the hope that it works together out of the box as steinberg software is released and new yamaha hardware is released.  I think this is what you guys want too since it’s a big marketing message yamaha and steinberg tout.

Instead of making excuses and telling us to have patience why doesn’t Yamaha and Steinberg look themselves in the mirror and acknowledge that they have some work to do around coordinating software and hardware updates instead of what seems like the two companies are working in silos.  Over on gearslutz.com we were told by a yamah rep that for all n12 users it was safe to upgrade to Cubase 5.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 08:57 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

Instead it’s kind of ironic that I purchased gear for the sake of being tightly integrated and I’m worse off because of that choice.

Yamaha put a lot of marketing into this.  I think it’s more on trying to establish a standard protocol for midi and audio down one firewire cable.  Mlan has been a failure from the beginning.  Now they have went a more simplified rout that seems to be a much better solution.  However, it still is in a development stage after all this time.  Meanwhile, those who bought into all the integration hype are still waiting to reap all the promised benefits to the so-called tight integration.  I think what is planned is cool from a technology standpoint.  In the end, the small benefit received is not worth the trouble the users have gone through while supporting Yamaha’s pet science project. 

You wind up with more complication and headache with the integration versus just using the old tried and true standards.  The mlan is supposed to simplify the workflow and reduce cables.  After all the setup and various drivers you have to install it winds up not being all its hyped to be.  With two midi cables and two adat cables, you could achieve the same thing with much less hassle.  Not to mention that firewire is an inferior standard for audio versus PCI due to more CPU overhead and is not capable of the lowest latencies already offer by PCI solutions.

I feel sorry for those caught in the middle of this because you will find there won’t be very much gain when its all said and done over taking a different approach.  Maybe one day it will be perfected and there will be a new firewire protocol that is on par with PCI with the same low latency performance.  Until then, no thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 10:13 AM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

SG - Are you whining again ?

I shall issue no further warnings you know /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

B

PS Apparently the word hypocrite is not associated with Hippocrates (he of the Hippocratic Oath).

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Start-up Voice
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››