mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Audiogram 6 and MO"

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 09:54 AM
Steve Pas
Total Posts:  87
Joined  02-29-2008

Hello everyone,
I received an Audiogram 6 for Christmas so I can make up decent worktapes at home for my songwriting.  My computer got fried 3 months ago and is still getting repaired one component at a time so I haven’t been able to try it out yet.  I was just wondering if any of you have been using this interface with a MO and how integrated they seem to function in conjunction with the bundled Cubase AI4.

I only know enough about DAW’s and recording to be dangerous, so I do have a dumb question that I may know the answer to.

I assume the Audiogram is strictly an audio interface.  With that said, if I want to be able to have a midi track in a Cubase AI4 project from a song/pattern I have recorded in my MO8, do I need to:
a) simply connect my MO8 to my computer with a USB cable and cubase will be able to import the midi track, or
b) provide a midi connection on my computer and use a midi cable between my MO and my computer to import the midi track.

Or, would it be a) or b) whichever I choose.  I do not currently have any type of midi connectivity to my computer.

A second dumb question (and this is to make sure I understand what the audiogram is made to do) is since I have the audiogram to talk to Cubase through its USB connection and it has outputs to my studio monitors, am I all set for sound and I will not need to replace the sound card capability of my computer with an upgraded sound card?

Thanks for any help and guidance you all may be able to provide.

Steve Pas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2009 @ 05:52 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Audiogram 6 and MO

Its a useful piece of kit.

For your MO to link to Cubase AI you will need to install the USB Midi Driver which can be found either on the MOs original disks or else over at [url=http://www.yamahasynth.com]http://www.yamahasynth.com. [/url] Once the USB Midi driver is installed and working then your MO can talk to Cubase over MIDI.

Now, if you have some patterns or songs you wish to move over, the best way is to save them as SMF files on whatever removable media you are using for your MO and then plug that into your PC and IMPORT them into Cubase - in Cubase you will need to use the dissolve parts function to put the different midi channels onto their own track in Cubase.

A longer winded route would be to sync up your MO to Cubase and get it to play whilst Cubase records.

Regarding soundcards, your Audiogram is now your PRO card and you should make sure that in Cubase you select its ASIO driver in the driver setup pages. However, your PC soundcard will probably still be set to handle the beeps and clicks of a windows machine - note many power users suggest that the beeps and clicks are disabled since they can get in the way of recordings.

With all this done, you shoudl be set, no doubt there will be some twaeks to perform and you may need help over some other of the hurdles on the way, but once your PC is back from the un-fryer, have fun and make some great music.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 09:09 AM
Steve Pas
Total Posts:  87
Joined  02-29-2008

Re: Audiogram 6 and MO

Wellie, thanks very much for the info.  I guess maybe I am starting to understand this process since I got the Audiogram with the Cubase AI4 to do all the things you just told me it would do.  Thanks.

Steve Pas

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ AW2400 Can’t monitor pitch fix
Next Topic:

Recording the audio from PC-driven Midi files ››