mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HELP!!! Want to record multitrack audio to Logic"

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 07:03 AM
the shawmen
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-20-2005

Just bought a Mac and want to record in pattern mode my audio tracks to logic so i can compress and eq each track, not midi.  On my old computer i use to have to record each track seperately and then try to align them up and it took forever.  I would like to do this in 1 run through logic.  I have my motif xs6 hooked up via usb and drivers installed.  I am a new user to logic as of yesterday and I tryed to read every forum I could to get this answer and have tried everything.  Can someone take me step by step through the process if there is one.

How do I set up the Motif:  Right now i have set to usb and daw to logic

How do I set up Logic?

Thanks in advance!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 07:56 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Re: HELP!!! Want to record multitrack audio to Logic

I don’t know what’s coming down the pike but as of today, you cannot record Audio via USB from the XS into Logic. Only, MIDI…
Is that what you are looking to do? The process is fairly simple…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 10:04 AM
the shawmen
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-20-2005

Ya from futher research it seem i need to mlan to do this.  Is there a way to record it MIDI then use the midi files to create seperate audio tracks for the sounds.  If so how would I do this?  I am new to the MIDI files.

If you got the time to walk me through it that would be great!!!

I guess the first step would be being able to record midi files in seperate tracks from XS to logic.  I tryed this a little but I did not get it to work!  Can you explain the process.  I am very new to Logic.

Thanks a bunch!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 01:16 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Yes and No!

No, you will not be able to record audio from the XS without either an audio interface or MLAN…

Yes, you can drag the midi regions you record from the XS (External Midi Tracks in Logic) to Software Instrument Tracks and assign comparable software instruments (piano for piano, bass for bass, etc...) to the Tracks and play, record or bounce them that way....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Multiple SPDIF outputs to only ONE input?
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››