mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Roland DP10 continuous footswitch"

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 05:59 AM
CraigT
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-05-2009

My local music store sold me a Roland DP10 continuous footswitch along with my Motif XS8.  I have watched Yamaha’s video on how to connect their FC3: simply plug it into the sustain jack and piano sounds will automatically use respond with half-damper functionality.  When I plug the Roland DP10 into the sustain jack I get no sustain at all.  Does anyone know if the Roland continuous footswitch should work?

BTW, the Roland pedal works fine when set as a switch.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 06:50 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Roland DP10 continuous footswitch

Yamaha built a pedal specifically for Yamaha keyboards… FC3 - your manual recommends that you get an FC3. You cannot possibly think anyone at Roland is testing the pedal on Yamaha or vice versa....

The FC3 works - I guarantee it (so does Yamaha).

the Roland pedal works fine when set as a switch.

Sure the polarity is correct, but if you are not getting the Half Dampering function… I’d recommend you get a Yamaha FC3. Any Yamaha dealer would be happy to get you one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 11:35 AM
CraigT
Joined  02-05-2009

Well, okay, I do not think people at Yamaha are testing Roland pedals.  I’m simply asking if a Roland continuous pedal can work with the Motif XS8 since the music store, a national chain that is a Yamaha dealer, sold it to me when I purchased the keyboard and told me it would work for half-damper.  They did not stock the FC3.  So, maybe, by chance, someone has gotten the DP10 to work and they will indicate that.  Or, maybe, someone will chime in and say that they too tried the DP10 but were unsuccessful or it can’t work for some specific reason other than Yamaha and Roland don’t test each others products.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2009 @ 06:37 PM
MarcelB
Total Posts:  76
Joined  09-30-2008

Hi Craig,

I use a Roland pedal with my Motif XS 6 and it works fine for me (but I think I have a Roland DP8). If it doesn’t work with your Motif, you could try to change the little switch that should be on the pedal, and see if that works.

Greetings, Marcel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 10:35 AM
CraigT
Joined  02-05-2009

Marcel,

Are you using the DP8 in the “continuous” setting or the switch setting?

Thx,
Craig

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 02:47 PM
MarcelB
Joined  09-30-2008

My pedal has a little button with only two settings: “continuous” or “switch”. I set it to “switch”. It works fine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 05:43 AM
CraigT
Joined  02-05-2009

Marcel,

When set as a switch you will not get half-damper which is what I was looking for.  I appreciate your response because you verified that you could not get it to work in the “continuous” setting.  I will go back to the music store and inform them they were wrong about the DP10 and hopefully get a refund.

Thx,
Craig

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 06:49 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If they are a Yamaha dealer tell them you want an FC3. If they do not have them in stock, they can order them. Let us know… Speak with a Manager (they tend to know how to handle these things).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 09:12 AM
stevie1
Total Posts:  174
Joined  01-28-2007

The Dp10 did not work with either my motif xs or es - go and get an FC3 as badmister says - that does work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 02:51 PM
MarcelB
Joined  09-30-2008

I think you are right Craig: I probably don’t use the half pedal function, but I use my DP 8 as a sustain pedal. But it sounds good.

Perhaps a silly question: but can one really hear a difference between the half pedal function and sustain mode?

As I understand it: the half pedal function means that if you press it a little, then sustain is short. If you press it very deep sustain is long. And also all the variations between those two extremes.

Besides my motif xs , I also have a good real piano (Ibach), and I am not aware that this real piano works in that half pedal way.

But perhaps a FC3 pedal sounds much better then the one I use now, though I am not convinced at this moment. (And there is the money factor: should I spent money if it doesn’t really improve things?)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ CC message for note shift from motif?
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››