mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Wondering"

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 04:41 AM
aneider
Total Posts:  218
Joined  01-17-2003

I don´t know whether you are interested in Tenori-On tracks. It´s no Motif, I know, but interesting gear from Yamaha which is advertised here in this forum too.(I know, there is a Tenori-On forum from keyfax too, but it´s no traffic there at all...)
I use the TO as stepsequenzer with my NordLead 3 and a SonicCell. I am just a beginner with Synth and all VA-Stuff ... and it´s only an improvisational tune, one take only, no overdubs, no further editing. Listen to this:

[url=http://www.box.net/shared/370drmo9o3]http://www.box.net/shared/370drmo9o3 [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 05:11 AM
mustbthemix
Total Posts:  964
Joined  01-02-2004

Re: Wondering

Hi Aneider, this is a beautiful composition, sounds like something Yanni would love to do.
the arpeggiated voices are absolutely wonderful, and the overall track has a subtle oriental feel to it. SonicCell ah yes, I’m a fond user of roland products myself.

Good Job! Thank You

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 05:12 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Mr. Andreas, your ALWAYS welcome to post here.
I miss you playing your PSR and creating what I personally call REAL SONGS.
Not this trance loop stuff, that at times sound pretty good, as THIS one does, but at times it becomes mondane to my my ears.
I LIKE THIS LOOP OF YOURS.

I too create loops within my XS and ES, but more on the musical side of the fence, with bridges and verses.
Yours is a more electronica type of music programming.
Great stuff for a video game developer.

Not my genre of music, however, I thank you for sharing your work.
My personal advise, “Please bring back the PSR.:” LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 05:21 AM
aneider
Joined  01-17-2003

@Funk Master:
I understand quite well, what you mean. I love the PSR as well and I sure will try more song orientated material in the near future. Thanks though for your appreciation of my music. You´re a great listener in this forum and that´s an important factor for it!
And thanks @mustbthemix for his appreciation too!

This one was just an improvisational try with that new setup, hope to post more in the near future ...  /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 05:23 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Andreas,

Its indeed an interesting track and you also can hear some structure in the song. The sounds are clear. I have no idea how it works with this TO and other synth’s. Do you have control over the outcome from the TO? I mean in the way of using chords or scales or notes.

Another question, why does it takes more than 8 Mbyte for MP3 file?

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 06:15 AM
aneider
Joined  01-17-2003

I am using the TO as a stepsequencer and it serves me with the rhythmic structure for my tunes. In this tune I am playing the TO via midi with voices of the SonicCell (tympani) and the Lead 3 (bass riff). With the 16 layers in 16 blocks you can build up quite complex structures and store them in a song with chord changes and all so that you can play to it. But in this tune I just used 2 layers in 2 blocks and changed this in real time. At the end of the tune you can hear this change when the bass riff disappears. You also can change a sequence in real time but you can´t play at the same time on the keyboard, so you have to program those changes in advance and store them into a song.
I like the TO very much because it gives you a great freedom for composing new elements in your music. But I don´t use the original voices of the TO which are a little bit fluffy.
Listen to Norman Fairbanks, he has created a whole album with TO only:
[url=http://www.normanfairbanks.com/blog/?page_id=12]http://www.normanfairbanks.com/blog/?page_id=12 [/url]
He inspired me for my new setup. Besides other influences of J.-M. Jarre and Vangelis I like his music very much.
The 8MB of the tune comes from 320kbs quality of the MP3.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2009 @ 01:57 AM
mmusic
Total Posts:  1159
Joined  05-24-2008

Hi Andreas, das klingt richtig gut. Schöner Song!
Sounds realy nice. Beautiful song!

Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 05:03 PM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

Nice arrangement. Send me a Tenori-on. LOL. Thanks for sharing…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ "Babel" *DELETED*
Next Topic:

Upload - No uploads possible on motifator! ››