mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "CC message for note shift from motif?"

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 08:25 PM
abelaguilar
Total Posts:  9
Joined  06-20-2007

Hello:

I have in performance mode a performance that has a note shift.  The question is how do I tell my sound module to also shift the note as well .

Problem i’m having is that the sound module will play at its original note while my motif xs is playing in the note shift that I setup.  HOpe that makes sense. 

Thanks!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 06:40 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: CC message for note shift from motif?

This why there is a difference between NOTE SHIFT and TRANSPOSE…

They are similar in that both raise or lower the pitch, so Yamaha uses the term NOTE SHIFT, when it is referring to applying it to the Motif XS tone engine…

When you TRANSPOSE, the pitch change is both to the internal and the external devices>>> it is sent out via MIDI in addition to raising and lowering the internal tone engine.

There are two ways to proceed. You can Transpose the entire Motif XS keyboard.

Method 1:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F1] GENERAL
Press [SF1] PLAY

The upper portion of the screen is TONE GENERATOR and refers to the sound of the Motif XS itself. Here you see Note Shift. Changes here do not go out via MIDI

The lower portion of the screen is KEYBOARD and refers to the messages sent from the Motif XS keyboard. Here you see the Transpose function. Changes here DO go out via MIDI.

Method 2:
The other method is to use MASTER (and this is more flexible because you can setup a special Program for this purpose).. In general when using the Motif XS as a MIDI controller for other devices, it is wise to use MASTER mode - that is what it is designed for… and you will find the appropriate TRANSPOSE parameter on a per ZONE basis.

For more on Master mode: Understanding Master mode

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 07:21 AM
abelaguilar
Total Posts:  9
Joined  06-20-2007

Re: CC message for note shift from motif?

Wow thank you for your reponse.  I will be looking into this more carefully. 

i use the motif at church and what I do is save each song we do as a perfomance.  At times i Need to do note shift becuase I may not be comfortable in a specific key. 

Then I use master mode to save my song order list to call up quickly. 

Is there a better way to do this? 

Thanks again!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Control Sets: AF2 not assigned but working
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››