mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif - multiple modules - cubase?"

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 03:35 PM
darkstar_outcast
Total Posts:  250
Joined  02-20-2008

Hello,

I have motif xs that is running two modules for live use.Motif is in master mode in this setup.

So,when I select for example preset 1 on motif that is preset 28 on jv,and preset 100 on nord lead.

They are all connected via midi.

Can I play midi channel from cubase that will run all 3 synths?When I select motif to be midi-usb,this breaks midi input/output connection with other synths.

How can I fix this?Is there any way that motif is connected via usb on computer,but at the same time sends signal via midi?

Thanks
Best regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 06:10 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Motif - multiple modules - cubase?

Is there any way that motif is connected via usb on computer,but at the same time sends signal via midi?

You will have to “echo” the signal from your computer software. You don’t mention what that is - but I’m sure you can look that up in its documentation.

When you select MIDI IN/OUT = USB you are selecting the Motif XS to act as a MIDI interface for your computer.

MIDI data will travel from the XS directly to the computer… the 5-pin MIDI OUT jack on the back panel automatically becomes “Yamaha Motif XS(x)-3” That is, USB-MIDI Port # 3

Any item routed from your software on PORT 3 will arrive at the MIDI OUT jack on the back panel.

Same is true if you select MIDI IN/OUT = mLAN, you are selecting the Motif XS to act as your MIDI interface for your computer.

MIDI data will travel from the XS directly to your computer… the 5-pin MIDI OUT jack on the back panel automatically becomes “Motif XS MIDI OUT” or “mLAN MIDI OUT (3)"… and Port #3 will arrive at the MIDI OUT jack on the back panel

In either case, you must use the MIDI ECHO (MIDI THRU) function of your software to feed the signal to the MIDI OUT jack.

In either case, any device connected to the MIDI IN jack will arrive at your software as “Yamaha USB MIDI Port 3” or “mLAN MIDI Port 3”

Hope that helps. 

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 07:50 AM
darkstar_outcast
Total Posts:  250
Joined  02-20-2008

Re: Motif - multiple modules - cubase?

Thanks Bad_Mister,works great.

One more time,motif showed me that it’s professional tool !
It can act like midi interface,great.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ **RELEASED**VSTi Editor& XSExtensions for Cubase5
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››