mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I’M BACK!!!!"

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 03:31 PM
uncaduncad
Total Posts:  568
Joined  01-13-2004

Ok, haven’t posted in a while, but not much has changed for me except:

Tomorrow I take delivery of a shiny new XS-Rack!!!  I’ve had the ES-Rack and every other Motif so far except for any XS.  Sold the ES rack about 8 months ago.  I don’t know why I have moments of stupidity but it’s usually cause I want to try another toy and selling one justifies partial payment of the new thing.
I’ve been working with a Nord Stage and a Korg Radias now for about 6 months.  All is fine and well with this get up until I tried out for a group a few weeks ago.  The gig went well and I got the job, but I was missing a lot of sounds.  A lot of the songs have strings or flutes, etc.  It struck me that I had all that in the ES, so I set out to find one used.
I happened to be in a music store last week and there the XS Rack was.  Although it was hooked to a very poor M-Audio controller, I was once again enamoured with the sounds.  I’ve played the XS before but the keyboard is out of my price range.  At least the 7 and 8… I spent a good hour just rolling through presets and eventhough some are repeats from the ES they do sound fresh.
Downloaded the editor this week and it is SO much better than the ES editor, unless that’s been updated.  Everything is layed out so well.  I actually prefer the Multi Layer 1-4 over having a performance mode too. 
I’m sure I’ll have questions, but I just wanted to say hey! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 11:13 AM
uncaduncad
Joined  01-13-2004

Re: I’M BACK!!!!

It’s here!  Of course I had it shipped to work. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Lovin’ the audition button cause i’m just listening to patches through my PC speakers for now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Anyone have an opinion on the closest match to the ES “Yama Ep’s” voice?

Even through my PC speakers this thing is so clean.  Love it!  Can’t wait to get home and hook it up!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 12:19 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The Yama EP Voice (from the ES) was a combination of different Yamaha electric piano sounds CP/DX sounds… although that particular Voice is not in the Motif-Rack XS… you can find all of the Motif ES preset sounds in Motif XS Voice file format (.X0V)

This can be IMPORTED into the Motif-Rack XS

Open the Motif-Rack XS Editor
Go to FILE > IMPORT
Set the File type to Motif XS All Voice (*.X0V)
This will open the Library… you can them drag and drop the Voice into your Rack XS.

Click here to download 6 banks of Motif ES presets in ALL VOICE format

There you will find the “Yama EP’s” Voice USER1 #024

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 01:02 PM
uncaduncad
Joined  01-13-2004

Why you and I are both listed as Guru I’ll never know. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Thank you..

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ seperate controllers settings for each part??
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››