mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "**RELEASED**VSTi Editor& XS Extensions forCubase5"

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 01:56 PM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Great news from Steinberg’s Web Site:

“Special Integration Features with Yamaha Products

The Yamaha MOTIF XS is automatically detected and configured if connected via IEEE 1394 and immediately ready to use as an external VST3 instrument, including all the corresponding audio and MIDI channels directly in the Cubase environment!

Any voices and multi data from the MOTIF XS can be saved and loaded directly to and from Cubase MediaBay.* Search, find, preview, load and play all MOTIF Voices with the content focused tools in the MediaBay.**

** Requires MOTIF XS VST3 Editor available on the Yamaha support pages”

I had a quick look on the Yamaha site but couldn’t see them. Has anyone found these items yet? Please reply.

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 01:14 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Re: **RELEASED**VSTi Editor& XS Extensions forCubase5

From this page.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 01:21 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Peter,

I do not think the new Yamaha Steinberg extension and the VST editor is already available for Cubase 5. It is not on that page.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 03:40 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Ah......apologies! I thought that the editor released on Feb 3rd was the one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 05:52 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Soon… Boulez is just playing - (or he really doesn’t get it - I cannot tell which...). The VST Editors will be released soon… I’m sorry, but you just have to wait. Those decisions are made across the ocean. And they will post them when the time is right - in spite of whatever you might think, the decision to release is someone’s responsibility and you have to trust that they are doing their job.

The Motif XS Editor VST and the Motif Rack XS Editor VST will be released soon… by Yamaha… reading an item on Steinberg site is not the same as reading on YamahaSynth.com - where the news (when it happens) will be official. The statement on the Steinberg site is just alerting Cubase 5 purchasers that this feature, in order to work, will require the VST3 compatible Editor and new “Yamaha Extensions for Steinberg DAW” - which will be available SOON, from Yamaha… OK?

The Editor (VST3) and the new Extensions (which you will need to download for your particular Yamaha hardware) will be posted very soon now. The Extensions will allow Cubase to recognize your XS and allow it to automatically route all your audio and MIDI ports (making it easier for musicians without much patching experience, to enjoy advanced integration between hardware and software).

But they are not yet posted there. (If it were easy to make software and hardware work together really well, then, everyone would be doing it .

Just have a nice weekend and relax.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 09:21 AM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Re: **RELEASED**VSTi Editor& XS Extensions forCuba

Re “Boulez is just playing”

[list]Perish the thought!  ... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt= [/list:u]

I must say however that your statement :

“this feature, in order to work, will require the VST3 compatible Editor and new “Yamaha Extensions for Steinberg DAW” - which will be available SOON, from Yamaha.

while perfectly reasonable, is a far cry from the actual statement on Steinberg’s site:

.... [integration with the Motif XS] “Requires MOTIF XS VST3 Editor “available from the Yamaha support pages”

Steinberg’s statement is at best disingenuous and to a guy who has just bought an XS plus Cubase 5, probably something requiring words I wouldn’t dare utter in these hallowed portals!

Anyway what everyone (IMHO) wants to know is:

Are we really just a few days away from these releases now?

Best regards.

B

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Devices Menu ’Yamaha 01X’ and ’Motif XS’ entries
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››