mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bug? AS2 change on one track affects all parts"

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 08:48 AM
kpatz
Total Posts:  397
Joined  08-24-2007

I’m working on a song (in pattern mode), and in one section, I have a track (track 3) that has control change messages in it to change the Assign2 value for the voice assigned to that track, to bring out a phaser insert effect during part of the sequence.

Later on, I recorded something on another track (track 6), assigned to a different voice which happens to have AS2 assigned to change an insert effect parameter, and a different MIDI channel.  But when I played it back, the voice on track 6 behaved as if Assign2 was changed on that track, when the control change was on track (and MIDI channel) 3.  In order to get around this I had to edit the voice on mix track 6 and change it so Assign2 would have no effect in Ctrl Set.

This seems like a bug to me.  Shouldn’t a CC message only affect the the track (MIDI channel) that it’s on?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 09:09 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: Bug? AS2 change on one track affects all parts

It’s not a bug. The AS2 knob is the only controller source in this case - so you have to do as you said - select the parts that you don’t want AS2 to affect, and uncheck the receive AS2 box for those parts.

The AS2 knob isn’t smart enough to “know” that you only want to
control a specific part with it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 09:32 AM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

Dave, with all due respect, this doesn’t make any sense.

From what I understand kpatz recorded AS2 changes on track 3 only, yet somehow other tracks were affected too.

Wasn’t this a bug that was supposed to be addressed in OS v 1.12?

Quote from readme.txt

“- Fixed a problem in which the ASSIGN1/2 knob operations in the Song data affect the current Part as well as the Parts specified as the channels for control by MIDI Control Change messages when the Song plays back.”

kpatz, do you have the latest OS installed?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 09:37 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Actually, there was a bug… It is not that it affects all Parts it was affecting the PART on the Track the controller was recorded and illogically enough, the currently selected Part… That was reported here a few weeks ago and an update was made to correct it.

you should update your Operating System to Motif XS version 1.12

Among the Fixes and Enhancements

Solved problems;

- Fixed a problem in which the ASSIGN1/2 knob operations in the Song data affect the current Part as well as the Parts specified as the channels for control by MIDI Control Change messages when the Song plays back.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 04:22 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

I stand corrected. In a brain freeze, I was thinking of Performance, not Mix mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 04:17 AM
kpatz
Total Posts:  397
Joined  08-24-2007

I’m still on 1.10.  I’ll have to upgrade and see if that helps.

Thanks guys…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 07:30 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It will.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motifator 3.0?
Next Topic: