mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES6 with MLan16E MIDI annoyance."

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 01:49 AM
JeffB1963
Total Posts:  71
Joined  12-06-2007

I’ve been using this for my live setup for about 12 months now with no problems.
However, over the last couple of weeks, the MIDI inputs are not initialising properly.

I have the driver set to start automatically.  On boot up the MIDI outputs work fine but the MIDI inputs don’t work until I switch the driver off and then on again (right click options in taskbar icon).

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 07:49 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: ES6 with MLan16E MIDI annoyance.

Not enough information to tell you exactly how to proceed. But certainly any setup can become corrupted - and since it worked for 12 months, you must realize that the mLAN setup persists. What that means is the last setup that you created returns the next time you turn the Driver ON… when the setup somehow gets corrupted, well, dutifully that corrupted setup now persists.

All you need to do is either recall your stored setup (if using the Graphic Patchbay). Or reset the system (RESET ALL).

We would tell you how to do this, but you did not tell us what driver and what computer type you are working on… It is not difficult, and only takes a few seconds but without the basic information we don’t want to tell you something that does not apply:

What type of computer? Windows or Macintosh
What Operating System? i.e XP, Vista, OSX etc.
What mLAN Driver version? For example, mLAN version 1.6.3, etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2009 @ 02:14 AM
JeffB1963
Total Posts:  71
Joined  12-06-2007

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry about the lack of info.

I’m using mLAN 1.6.3 under XP SP1.

I’ve tried recalling a stored setup and that does the trick but then the next time I start the computer I have the same problem again. It’s just quicker to stop and start the driver than to open the graphic patchbay and open the setup.

I just don’t understand how when starting the first time it loads one setup and then restarting it seems to load the correct one?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2009 @ 05:01 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

If your system works fine for a 12 months and now you have such a problem it looks like some XP problem. Maybe some other program that you have installed recently (like drivers) make corruption or your Win registry is full of unused registers. In that case some utility freeware programs for cleaning registry database could help.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Multi-part editor won’t receive some voices
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››