mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Wow! Expelled-No intelligence allowed"

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 06:48 AM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

I recently watched this film, as one of the many who were deceived into believing this was darwinist view on intelligent design. Of course I was wrong, the film contends that the mainstream science establishment suppresses academics who see evidence of intelligent design in nature and who criticise evidence supporting evolution and the modern evolutionary synthesis, the theory explaining this evidence.The scientific theory of evolution is portrayed by the film as contributing to fascism, the Nazi Holocaust, communism, atheism, abortion and eugenics.

I encourage all creationist/intelligent design supporters to see this. You’ll get a kick out of it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 10:22 PM
-
Total Posts:  518
Joined  06-07-2006

Re: Wow! Expelled-No intelligence allowed

You may have noticed that there is a soundbite of “Imagine” in the movie.

Yoko Ono filed an injunction against Stein to remove the soundbite prior to the film’s release.  The basis of the suit had no merit so Stein was allowed to use it.

Afterwards Stein wrote a 3 word message to Yoko.....it simply stated:

“Imagine No Possessions.”

Liberal arrogance knows no boundaries...especially transparent when they exempt themselves from their self-imposed “ideals” upon others.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 12:38 AM
hamletmaschine
Total Posts:  996
Joined  02-22-2004

The scientific theory of evolution is portrayed by the film as contributing to fascism, the Nazi Holocaust, communism, atheism, abortion and eugenics.

So, it’s a fair and balanced film, then?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 05:55 AM
MoGut
Joined  05-08-2004

So, it’s a fair and balanced film, then?

LOL… Well the film masquerades intelligent design as motivated by science, rather than religion, though it does not attempt to explain it on a scientific level. Its a propaganda piece trying to justify introducing religious ideas into public school science classrooms. But it’s really just an anti-science movie aimed at creating the appearance of controversy where there is none.

Again, the religious types would get a kick out of it, im sure.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 08:23 AM
MoGut
Joined  05-08-2004

You may have noticed that there is a soundbite of “Imagine” in the movie.

Actually the ‘DVD’ release does not contain the song or portions of it.

But, a song by The Killers is used in the film under a license which the band’s manager said was obtained by misleading them about the film. I can see how anyone involved would have been agitated by this deceitful business conduct.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Gutwrench has been kidnapped!!  Someone is posting using his forum name!!

There’s no way he wrote these posts here. I fear a “Saul on the road to Damascus” or other ‘out-of-body’ event with an English teacher who imbued him with sudden grammer and usage skill, the capital I, punctuation and the ability to properly use Unicode… or something is up....:) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Just kidding /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 04:30 PM
MoGut
Joined  05-08-2004

HEH! Funny you noticed.

There is a troll poster that has copied that style of mine, I’ve totally got him pegged too. Anyways so “i” stopped the lazy grammer style your used to seeing by me.

Keyfax knows who he is even. This guy in the past responded to his own posts. Administrators can see IP addresses and can easily see who is posting under different usernames. You have to be an idiot to act like a troll and hide your identity when you want to flame or rant. Too funny.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 10:09 PM
scotch
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  08-14-2005

[questconsulting] Liberal arrogance knows no boundaries...especially transparent when they exempt themselves from their self-imposed “ideals” upon others.

So Yoko Ono and John Lennon were running about robbing banks then? Do you really think “Imagine no possessions” means “Take me for all I’ve got”?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 06:44 AM
MoGut
Joined  05-08-2004

and no religion too… living life in peace

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 03:03 AM
scotch
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  08-14-2005

Afterward Stein sent a fourteen-word ransom note to Sean’s mother. It simply stated: “Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.”

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Ryan Lesley
Next Topic:

Forum etiquette: Please Read This ››