mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS loading Voice Libraries."

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 04:32 AM
TidesN
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-31-2009

Would someone be nice enought to create a sticky post on loading Voice Libraries.  The users manual provides little detail on this fucntion. 

Is it my misunderstanding: I was hoping to be able to load the Complete Orchestra and Orchestr’ale at the same time on the 1G memory.  But it appears that User 1 User 2 User 3 only loads one Voice Library at a time.  It that the case?  I thought I would be able to store these Libaries (I also would like to store Studio Drums) on this memory. 

Also, I am getting an illegal file error when I try to load the Complete Orchestra User 2 bank.  Tried everything, so a indepth post on this subject (Voice Libraries Loading on XS)would be appreciated.  I read the BadMister sticky post on loading 128 Voices and using that method I still get the illegal file message for User bank 2. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 07:06 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

Re: Motif XS loading Voice Libraries.

I believe the illegal file error is a result of using the XS editor to compile the original voice library.  There was a bug in the editor that did not write voice information to the XS right if that voice used user samples.  If the sound designer used the XS editor then this problem may occur.  I believe that was fixed in the latest XS editor update.

To fix it,

Change the file type to all and load the Complete Orchestra all XOA file.

Change the file type to all voice and save an all voice file and give it the same name if you wish. (it won’t overwrite the XOA file)

Now you can use the load bank of 128 voice method using the all voice file instead.  You can do this for any all file that is giving you the illegal file error when trying to load banks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 08:11 AM
Donald-M
Total Posts:  666
Joined  11-08-2007

Is it my misunderstanding: I was hoping to be able to load the Complete Orchestra and Orchestr’ale at the same time on the 1G memory. But it appears that User 1 User 2 User 3 only loads one Voice Library at a time. It that the case? I thought I would be able to store these Libaries (I also would like to store Studio Drums) on this memory.

One part of this you need to bear in mind is that when a library is created and voices are assigned to a specific USR location, along with that comes specific waveform data for each of the elements that make up the voice.  So Library two will overwrite any USR slots occupied by LIbrary one when you load it in. 

You could combine them using the editor, but it would take some time and re-slotting the sounds to different USR slots.

Also, if two Libraries access USR samples, then those samples will be assigned to specific slots in the USR sample memory (001,002,003...00n).  So Library two will overwrite Library one’s samples with whatever USR samples it needs for its voices.  To get around that, you would have to re-assign the samples to other USR slots and then edit each voice so that the individual elements are accessing the correct samples for that voice.  That could get quite cumbersome and time consuming! 

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 08:48 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

So Library two will overwrite any USR slots occupied by Library one when you load it in.

This is not the case when dealing with loading banks of 128 voices.  Also, loading an all voice file does not overwrite waveforms.  Loading an all file or all waveform is the only time waveforms are overwrote.

So Library two will overwrite Library one’s samples with whatever USR samples it needs for its voices. To get around that, you would have to re-assign the samples to other USR slots and then edit each voice so that the individual elements are accessing the correct samples for that voice. That could get quite cumbersome and time consuming!

Considering what I stated above, this is not necessary when loading banks.

In the case of Complete Orchestra, I believe it occupies 2 user banks.  You cans simply load Complete Orchestra using type=all.  Then using the loading by banks of 128 method, load Orchestrale into the bank that Complete Orchestra does not use. 

If you have more user voices than the 3 user banks will hold or picking select voices from each bank then it gets more complicated.  In these cases John Melas Total Librarian is essential.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2009 @ 08:29 AM
BajaCapt
Total Posts:  326
Joined  03-25-2008

Hey Synthgeek,
Just to thank you for the “Illegal File” issue workaround…
I was loading up the Motif XS Sample Bank from the Xpanded area and was following BadMister’s sticky for the 128 voices load procedure and I also had same outcome as TidesN with the “Illegal file “ error.
I did a quick search and found this thread, I did the save all voice from XOA and then I reloaded my working XOA with Axxe etc and managed to put all 128 new voices from Motif XS Sample Bank to USER 1, pretty cool.
A Sticky or added info to the sticky on the 128 voice loading procedure mentioning this workaround would be helpful for future people running into this problem, I imagine with the new free banks, will be several people…
Thanks again.

Jose.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Better Computer for Motif.
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››